2018/19 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant see Mina and Keane doing well together unless we sit deep...

I prefer two athletes at the back and Chelsea could pair Zouma and Rudiger together which is perfect on paper

The way Mina could add alot of effectiveness is at both ends of the pitch if he has a really athletic partner to act as covering defender i think

When all of our CB's are on form Mina is by far the best out of the 4 (Still counting Zouma for no reason)

His presence, last ditch tackling, interceptions, willingness to drive forward with the ball & of course his distribution. There's a reason why he was at Barcelona.

Sadly his injury proneness means he cannot be relied upon. It also means he's constantly dealing with fitness issues.

Saying he doesn't suit our system is simply put ridiculous. He'll be our biggest set piece threat & best defender if he stays fit.

He's a good player but his injuries have made this a situation tbh because if we can't get Zouma what type of defender do we buy to possibly cover/replace Mina? do we go for young/experienced etc. He really did work against Chelsea in both games but I just hope he isn't a sick note

Mina is very, very raw.

4 club seasons in Colombia. Only 28 appearances in three seasons at Palmeiras in Brazil. Only 5 appearances st Barca. 17 caps for Colombia.

Starred in a few WC games due to physical ability and passion. Has not yet shown the ability to play within a scheme, game in game out, across a whole season in a world class league.

Must stay healthy.

When all of our CB's are on form Mina is by far the best out of the 4 (Still counting Zouma for no reason)

His presence, last ditch tackling, interceptions, willingness to drive forward with the ball & of course his distribution. There's a reason why he was at Barcelona.

Sadly his injury proneness means he cannot be relied upon. It also means he's constantly dealing with fitness issues.

Saying he doesn't suit our system is simply put ridiculous. He'll be our biggest set piece threat & best defender if he stays fit.

This is the season that we will see what he is really like as a player.

Last season appeared to be a struggle for him and continuous injuries blighted his whole season but think back to this time last year and many on here would have paid to get Michael Keane out of the club but that has all changed now.
I cannot understand people at least not giving the player a chance.

In the games I’ve seen him play hes Got the attributes to be very good,he does lack concentration and his ability to sense danger could improve but in games against top opposition when your backs are against the wall he’s done well kept hazard quiet and shouid have walked away from anfield keeping them rebribates quiet ...lets give him a time he’s gonna be good for us imo

Status
Not open for further replies.