2018/19 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he seems to be playing very well there, but its not against Premier League opposition

Agreed but I think that's what he might need more game time and to play against the more agricultural type of player. Believe he's been playing at right back as well ?
Which will make him more valuable if he's able to cover more positions.

Has Mina just been unlucky this season or is he going to be one of those players who spends more time in the treatment room than on the pitch?

Has Mina just been unlucky this season or is he going to be one of those players who spends more time in the treatment room than on the pitch?

think it's been bad luck, it's what we get from time to time, personally i'd rather we rest him up for the rest of the season now that we have a settled centre back pairing doing well. I mean we're now hearing about keane being forced to play all last season when wearing a protective boot in his off time and look how much better he's been this season without that injury hanging over him. We obviously felt like we were forced to play him because of other options, whereas that's not really the case with mina's situation. He's still young, he's settled in alright imo, he's far from a flop anyway, just the first season.

Think if we sign Zouma this summer he'll be off myself.

He left Barca due to a lack of 1st team football so he wont be sticking about here without it.

If we just pretend that the 30m for him was in reality an extra 30m for Digne it will be easy to lower the expectations. Didn't look bad when he was fit and he's clearly a threat from corners, keeping fit is obviously a problem but he's still only 24.

Probably just a fine, but knowing our luck...

I have high hopes for him, but then its Everton, so he may end up like a cooler, stronger, smarter version of Alcaraz :(

It's safe to say we won't miss him we didn't this season. He may come good but it does reek of a disaster so far.
He’s mostly been solid when he’s played though, not been perfect but he’s a South American centre back who’s played about 30 games since he come to Europe, mistakes will happen but chances are they’ll get less and less frequent

Can see why people would say he’s been a bad signing (so far) because of the constant injuries but not because of how he’s actually performed

injuries haven't helped but most of the games he's played for us he has looked pretty decent apart from the City game.
don't know why people think he's a failed signing because Zouma started ahead of him
I think there judging it from his re occurring fitness issues, I'd say his decision making is quite rash too. Not the fastest either but he may improve. Hopefully he's better than our last South American CB.

He’s mostly been solid when he’s played though, not been perfect but he’s a South American centre back who’s played about 30 games since he come to Europe, mistakes will happen but chances are they’ll get less and less frequent

Can see why people would say he’s been a bad signing (so far) because of the constant injuries but not because of how he’s actually performed
He's been decent enough I guess, its his fitness and decision making that's scary. But ye hopefully like a new signing next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.