Yannick Bolasie

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the price tag wasn't as high as we paid he wouldn't come in for half of the criticism as he does on here. He was one of our better players before his injury

The fee isn't the issue. And barring the first 5 league games, the games after until his injury everybody was awful. Do you think it's a coincidence that everything looked up after he got injured?

Yes i do to be honest. You think Mirallas has done a better job?

No. I think the fact we aren't channeling everything down 1 side of the pitch, through 1 player who isn't capable of taking that responsibility.

The upturn in form is completely down to Bolasie not being on the pitch, we actually have a midfield now, rather than Bolasie wasting everything, Lukaku shrugging his shoulders because the 'cross' has gone 20 yards over his head and Gueye running around mopping up when he loses it.

No. I think the fact we aren't channeling everything down 1 side of the pitch, through 1 player who isn't capable of taking that responsibility.

The upturn in form is completely down to Bolasie not being on the pitch, we actually have a midfield now, rather than Bolasie wasting everything, Lukaku shrugging his shoulders because the 'cross' has gone 20 yards over his head and Gueye running around mopping up when he loses it.

Thats your opinion, but i think in the darker days when the team morale was low Bolasie was one of the only ones who wanted the ball. others didn't look like they did

Thats your opinion, but i think in the darker days when the team morale was low Bolasie was one of the only ones who wanted the ball. others didn't look like they did

I think we will have to agree to disagree mate. All I see is 2nd rate winger not good enough for Everton, which riles me - baffled how people can see a player there when everything proves otherwise.

Bolasie was ace, and he held the highest chances created out of all our players for a couple months after he got injured. That should tell you all enough.

The team will greatly benefit from Yannick making a full recovery and in certain games he will prove to be a fantastic asset, though never a starter in them all.

The fee isn't the issue. And barring the first 5 league games, the games after until his injury everybody was awful. Do you think it's a coincidence that everything looked up after he got injured?

No, because everything didn't look up after he got injured. Everything looked up once Davies found his way into midfield, Jagielka was dropped and Robles took over from Steklenberg.

No, because everything didn't look up after he got injured. Everything looked up once Davies found his way into midfield, Jagielka was dropped and Robles took over from Steklenberg.

Davies found his way into midfield due to the shake up in tactics caused by Bolasie getting injured.

Stekelenberg was actually quality against Manchester City and I don't think anybody could have foreseen such a rapid decline in Jagielka. If you look at the results after his injury bar the Watford game straight after its like chalk and cheese.

The fee isn't the issue. And barring the first 5 league games, the games after until his injury everybody was awful. Do you think it's a coincidence that everything looked up after he got injured?[/QUOTE

Maybe not a coincidence, per se, but our turn in form has a lot more to do with other reasons than simply Bolasie being out. Classic example of correlation not implying causation here.

Status
Not open for further replies.