Yannick Bolasie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arouna Kone played for Sevilla, Tom
Cleverley won the league with United etc.

Cleverley came through their youth setup & Kone had a pretty much 1 in 2 goal ratio at PSV, hence the move to Sevilla.

Bolasie has been a journeyman through 7 tosh sides and we end up lumbered with him. 31 goals in nearly 300 appearances? His goalscoring ratio is nearly 1 in 10, which is abysmal for an attacking midfielder/winger.

According to Wikipedia (I know I know) Kone's and CLEVERLEY'S goalscoring records are better than Bolasie's, in far superior sides against better opposition.

Would not have beaten West Ham or drawn with city without him.

If he had not picked up an injury I guarantee he would be on five goals and have 5 assists. If Ross and gueye had finished better Yan would have had more assists than he does.

Got us up the pitch far quicker than anyone does now and never gave up. Yes he made mistakes but he was key to our early season success until the injury.

Pipe down.

Would not have beaten West Ham or drawn with city without him.

If he had not picked up an injury I guarantee he would be on five goals and have 5 assists.

Well, you are in no position to "guarantee" owt which may or may not have happened in the event of Bolasie staying injury free, are you?

No, you are not.

And regarding the draw with City, it was Stek having the absolute game of his life that secured the draw for us there......simple as :oops:

One thing which is absolutely incontrovertible though is that since Bolasie went off injured against the Mancs our results have improved no end ;)

For what it's worth I think if we played Bolasie with the current style we would be even stronger. Bolasie was unlucky in that Koeman was trying out people to see what they could and couldn't do. Now we have a way of playing that's successful you just want your best players available. It's like years ago Ferguson was out best out let so we played long ball which was sure to watch at times, but when we weren't desperate and kept it on the deck Ferguson showed he was a more than decent footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.