Yannick Bolasie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get it. The club overpaid for a player. I'm not enthralled by Bolasie either. He is hardly garbage though is he. You implied that our upturn in fortune was down to Bolasie being injured and then followed it up by saying him and Steklenburg being out of the team is the reason we are now playing well. This I find to be a little bit flimsy. Steklenburg played really well in a lot of our games, most of our fan base were actually surprised at how well he had played. Fair play to Joel though. He has been great too. You can make an argument for having no Bolasie and Steklenburg but there are bigger reasons as to why our fortunes have changed. You pointed one out in Davies. What about Jagielka being dropped? What about the big change in formation? The ability within our squad to now switch formation during a match. Barkley coming into form? Your logic was flawed I used your logic to say that our form improved when Gueye was away and now you come back with a comparison between Bolaise and Deulofeu. Interesting comparison as one started at the best club in the world and is proving that he is not good enough while the other started in the lower leagues and has made it into the premier league. Says a lot about the attitudes of the two players.

I said our upturn in form is down to Bolasie not being in the squad, hence our solitary tactic of giving it to him to punt aimlessly isn't used. As for Stekelenberg, he's been average - with a better keeper than him sat on the bench. Strange that, as we had considerably better options than Bolasie sat on the bench. As for Deulofeu's attitude compared to Bolasie's? I'd be pretty miffed if someone blatantly worse than me was being constantly picked, despite being a little less than bang average. As for Deulofeu, we were bricking it thinking Barcelona were going to activate their buyback clause when he was putting them on a plate for Lukaku before being dropped for no reason. Play him consistently and he will make goals. Guaranteed.

I'm waiting for the '4 assists and a goal' rubbish to rear it's quite uninspiring head. My logic isn't flawed, you are just over-thinking what's in front of your face. We take Bolasie out of the equation and we play better.

Do you think Barkley is playing better because he's actually seeing the ball now? Same with the emergence of Davies? Lukaku scoring again because we have a midfield closer to him rather than long lumps to him from the wing? Bolasie is garbage. The tactics used to accommodate Bolasie were garbage, and the longer he's not on the pitch for us the better off we will be.

I said our upturn in form is down to Bolasie not being in the squad, hence our solitary tactic of giving it to him to punt aimlessly isn't used. As for Stekelenberg, he's been average - with a better keeper than him sat on the bench. Strange that, as we had considerably better options than Bolasie sat on the bench. As for Deulofeu's attitude compared to Bolasie's? I'd be pretty miffed if someone blatantly worse than me was being constantly picked, despite being a little less than bang average. As for Deulofeu, we were bricking it thinking Barcelona were going to activate their buyback clause when he was putting them on a plate for Lukaku before being dropped for no reason. Play him consistently and he will make goals. Guaranteed.

I'm waiting for the '4 assists and a goal' rubbish to rear it's quite uninspiring head. My logic isn't flawed, you are just over-thinking what's in front of your face. We take Bolasie out of the equation and we play better.

Do you think Barkley is playing better because he's actually seeing the ball now? Same with the emergence of Davies? Lukaku scoring again because we have a midfield closer to him rather than long lumps to him from the wing? Bolasie is garbage. The tactics used to accommodate Bolasie were garbage, and the longer he's not on the pitch for us the better off we will be.

Or he has a different opinion, Mad thought like

Davek?

Hi. If you honestly think our up turn in form is a direct result of having no Bolasie then I'm perplexed and sorry to say it again but I find the logic flawed. The idea that one single variable had such an impact. Let me put it another way. If Bolaise recovers in time for the Sunderland game (I am aware he is out with ACL) and Koeman picks him instead of Lookman/miralles, do you think we would be awful again?

Hi. If you honestly think our up turn in form is a direct result of having no Bolasie then I'm perplexed and sorry to say it again but I find the logic flawed. The idea that one single variable had such an impact. Let me put it another way. If Bolaise recovers in time for the Sunderland game (I am aware he is out with ACL) and Koeman picks him instead of Lookman/miralles, do you think we would be awful again?

If we revert back to the original tactics, yes mate we would be awful again.

Is it a coincidence that the amendment in tactics thrust upon Koeman by the unfortunate injury to Bolasie bought an upturn in fortunes? And it's a prolonged upturn, we have been playing well without him for as long as we were playing awfully with him.

It's not a coincidence, Koeman has changed it up without him and we are better off for it. The results and performances don't lie.

It's not one single variable that's changed mate, it's the entire way we are playing the game. It's not give it to him and hope anymore. He isn't a game changer, he's a YouTube player - all tricks and skills and no end result.

Status
Not open for further replies.