Yannick Bolasie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigurdsson is better, and has been a consistently good prem player for four seasons now. He actually had a fairly average Euro campaign, but proved that he is a team player imho.

Bolasie has scored nine goals in three seasons in the prem.

Me too. I'm very unsure about Bolasie at £15m, let alone the rumoured £24m rising to £30m. I think we're overpaying dramatically here.

Feel like it's a lot of money for a Youtube player, in terms of 30mil and 90k a week we could do a hell of a lot better. That's the sort of money you want to be spending on a World class player.

I'm not worried by he signign of him mate in itself, the worrying thing for me is that it shows we have switched the calibre of player we are after down a massive step.

Bolasie as an addition to some genuinely quality players arriving - then yeah i'd be all for it, would give us options, a natural left winger etc, but Bolasie as one fo the big signings we will make this summer - nah -/ So yeah dissappointed in him - but We finish the window signing say a few more players we are linked with (Kone etc) get a couple of younger lads in from abroad as a punt (Ziyech etc) and then seal a Mata and Strootman/Carvalho/Witsel type signing and a genuinely top level keeper then Bolasie for me then becomes a pretty ok deal

Just think though, even ignoring the money aspect it appears as though he would be a fixture at left wing. Now that is depressing

We went completely to s*** when he was injured in the early part of 2016, and at that point everyone was saying he's by far our most important player. It amazes me how people can forget this. Considering we can't really pass the ball, he is massive for our style of play, and will be a huge loss for us, not only in terms of his end product but now teams will be able to double up on Zaha and negate our threat. No use signing 30 mil Benteke if we can no longer get the ball to him.

And another.

Seems it's more a case of the classic 'oh he wants to leave, he's crap now lad' rather than 'always been about as good as McGeady'. A bit like some on here with Stones...

"Its amazes me how people can forget this"

So i take it hes responding to most palace posters being thrilled that they are selling him for a stupid amount then...

According to Sky yes mate. But who really knows.

I'd find it odd that they have accepted the bid but now allowed him to travel to us. Doesn't seem to make sense to me.

I think they are waiting on Benteke and possibly Niasse too. Clubs don't want to sell without replacements lined up especially with the season starting in 2 days

Just think though, even ignoring the money aspect it appears as though he would be a fixture at left wing. Now that is depressing

Is he better than what we have currently on the left? possibly - certainly only Mirallas comes close to him i'd say, and honestly mate we have been linked with nothing quality wise on the left all summer - so maybe suggests that Bolasie was the choice for that spot all along, end of the day we will see how it pans out, IF he can get Bolasie to consistantly perform like he does in certain games every season then those critical of the deal (myself included) could end up with massive vauliting going on them, which i hope happens

For my opinion, he is an impact player and one who provieds a shedload of pace on the counter as well, Bolasie in a team will instantly push the opponents backline back 10 yards and can see him being penned in for a similar role that Koeman had Mane playing.

Trying to not knee jerk atm - although have done a few times the past week, but the window is still open and could still go either way (meh to very good)

"Its amazes me how people can forget this"

So i take it hes responding to most palace posters being thrilled that they are selling him for a stupid amount then...

I think he's responding to the good riddance style comments that we get when one of our good players leaves

Everton fans are fickle.
"we need a winger" "we need a new signing" " Moshi won't splash the cash"

On the verge of signing one of the leagues best wingers for a fair whack of cash

"not good enough" "overpriced"

"One of the leagues best wingers"

:) :) :)

I think they are waiting on Benteke and possibly Niasse too. Clubs don't want to sell without replacements lined up especially with the season starting in 2 days

Seriously can we not get Niasse involved as a swap if they want him

Knock €500k off and we will pay for the postage

Status
Not open for further replies.