Yakubu's 20 Goal Target

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dom1878

Player Valuation: £60m
Everton striker Yakubu Aiyegbeni is confident of breaking the 20-goal mark next season.

In an interview with Sky Sports Magazine, Yakubu admits that he is playing the best football of his career at Goodison Park, but will strive to be even better over the coming months.

"I'm confident about scoring more than 20 goals again in this season," he said.

Yakubu went on to talk about Everton

"I've had to work harder since joining Everton, but I'm not complaining, I'm enjoying the best spell of my career."

"David Moyes has made us believe in ourselves. He can't bear losing." he added.

"It's not easy to score 20 goals in a season and it has been a long time since an Everton player managed it, so you can imagine how pleased I was.

"But with the quality of players we have and the work we put in, I believe I can score even more this time."

Its good to see him so confident, and the bold highlight was apparent last season with his work rate and such. Moyes has done a great job on improving yakubu, and i hope it goes on.

I reckon he'll get around 25 next season. He got 21 last season despite missing games through the African nations and not being fit at the start of the season. Class act and long may his goals continue.

I reckon he'll get around 25 next season. He got 21 last season despite missing games through the African nations and not being fit at the start of the season. Class act and long may his goals continue.

I think he could get 25/30 if we had Arteta in the full season, fernandes in the full season and another great passer (moutinho), because it just takes a killer ball, and Yakubu's almost certain to score.

Thats right, with the problems he had, the lateness coming in and a patched up midfield, then if we sort out the midfield this year, combined with a good pre-season, I see no reason why Yakubu wont score easily over 20 goals and be one of the top strikers in the league.

great stuff! i agree that with a couple of ball players in the midfield we could see the yak go on to get a few hat tricks and easily pass the 20 goal target!

8 million for the fantasy footy team is a steal!!

I still remember commenting he's a waste at 12m when we first sign him. Proved me wrong completely. Someone stuff me with some huge pie please!

I might even have a sly bet that he'll score more than Torres this season, especially if we can get Neville to injure the redshite in the early derby with a slow tackle

A good omen, but I think he needs another true lone striker on the sidelines to push him so he doesn't lose his edge.

I know we have backup, but none of them would be best applied in a lone striker role, so there isn't really true competition, only complementary players. Maybe Anichebe in the future but he doesn't seem up to it atm.

The players get a holiday in the summer, so do I b)

TBH, I try and stay away from football over the summer as it's all hot air about various signings - I've tried to follow it all in previous summers, but there's so much crap it just annoys the hell out of me.

Now the season is only a few weeks away, my mind is drawn back to the mighty Blues :D

Status
Not open for further replies.