Yakubu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bainsey

Player Valuation: £20m
Looking at transfers of late, but cant help think that we robbed Middlesborough with what we paid for Yakubu, how much would people say he is worth now considering players like Keane are moving for £20m and Johnson £12m.

Looking at transfers of late, but cant help think that we robbed Middlesborough with what we paid for Yakubu, how much would people say he is worth now considering players like Keane are moving for £20m and Johnson £12m.
they all have their own individual qualities, johnson would beat them all for pace, yakubu for strength and keane for guile, it depend what each player is worth to each individual team and the existing players in that team that dictates their worth.

surley goalscoring increases their value though? Yakubu has just as much pace when he wants to use it, he just doesnt tend to need in.

I wouldn't sell for any less than £22m. He's worth double what we paid for him. Remember his first 2 months didn't work out an he was gone to the ANC for a month an came back two weeks late-ish.

So all-in-all he missed around a third of the season an still scored a hat full of goals. He'll be unstopable next year i think. AJ wouldn't have got a sniff!!

thats what i keep thinking about Yakubu, he signed a few games into the season, in his first few months was on the bench quite abit and then he went to african cup of nations yet still scored 21 goals.

I think he is at the very least worth double what we paid (As somebody else mentioned).

If you think that Keane is 28/29 and AJ is around the same (ish) age and yet scored half as many goals as the Yak in the same team it is astounding that we got him for £11 mil.

You have to take into account the attitude of the player and the Yak has dispelled every critic of him. He is nowhere near lazy and that has to go down to his attitude and the way Moyes dealt with him. It could so easily have gone the other way when he was dropped for Villa but he showed character which only increases his value again.

Taking into account all aspects I would honestly say that he is worth around £30 million to us.

I think it's worth remembering that we paid less for Yak than Fulham are paying for AJ. That kinda puts things into perspective. I agree that he'll have a superb season this year, barring injuries, as hopefully we'll have a fully fit Arteta plus one or two extra midfielders in there creating chances for him.

its all relative. he is more valuable to us than he is on the market. i don't think we'd get much more than what we got for aj to be honest.

but, hypothetically, his value to us is his replacement value so if we want someone to bang in 20 goals a season then he is worth 20m because that is what we'd have to spend to get that return.

but we would never get 20m for him.

I think it's worth remembering that we paid less for Yak than Fulham are paying for AJ. That kinda puts things into perspective. I agree that he'll have a superb season this year, barring injuries, as hopefully we'll have a fully fit Arteta plus one or two extra midfielders in there creating chances for him.

Says alot about the market now.

I wonder what our first team would add up to? eg. Howard - 6 mil, Lescott - 15 mill???

Lescott needs another solid season and youl be looking at 20 mil to Sunderland.

We should have the new Lescott lined up by then.

Yakubu is our most important player. More important than the likes of Arteta, Cahill, Lescott, Howard etc.

He gave us another dimension in terms of his game and his goalscoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.