Yakubu In Confident Mood

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Yakubu has issued a warning to the rest of the Premier League - insisting he feels capable of scoring every week.
The Nigerian international netted his fourth goal for the Blues in Saturday's dramatic 3-1 success over Birmingham.
But it was his first goal in front of his new fans at Goodison and, after his 12th minute strike, the player seemed to visibly grow in stature.
He produced his best display yet in an Everton shirt, was unlucky not to add to his tally and combined effectively with the likes of Steven Pienaar, Tim Cahill and Leon Osman as the Blues produced a string of impressive attacks.
Yakubu admits the confidence he is gaining as an Everton player means he feels is going to score in every game he plays.
He told evertonTV: "It is a good feeling to score your first goal in front of your own fans at home. It gives you more confidence and as a striker, it gives you confidence to score more goals and every weekend you play and feel you can score goals.
"As a striker you want to score. We work for each other as a team and you have to play as a team. That is what we did and everyone is so happy now."
Yakubu also praised the resilience of his teammates, who snatched victory in injury-time after Birmingham had netted an equaliser against the run of play 10 minutes from time.
It was left to Lee Carsley and James Vaughan to seal the win.
Yakubu added: "I think they made it difficult for us. We deserved the win, we didn't give up and we fought to the end and got the three points we were looking for.
"At the end, we were so pleased. It was unbelievable at the end. We are all together and the spirit is there - we keep fighting for each other and that is why we got the three points."

Sounds like hes loving life at Goodison :)

Who wouldn't enjoy life at Everton apart from VDM.

Whenever we score a goal its like everyone connected with the club are overjoyed. It makes me think that Cahill, Arteta will never want to leave, Yobo and Lescott will be our defence for years to come. Baines will maraud down the left. Piennar will be the new Trevor Steven.

Yak will score more goals then Latchford.

Great to hear. He didn't exactly settle straight away but I reckon he's only just starting to find his feet now. He's going to be an important player for us.

We do seem to have a fine dressing room at the moment and it's great to see Yak finding his feet. With Vaughan scoring on his return and Anichebe and McFadden both doing ok this season we're spoilt for choice up front. It will be interesting to see what happens with AJ when he's fit.

Great to hear. He didn't exactly settle straight away but I reckon he's only just starting to find his feet now. He's going to be an important player for us.

Very few of them ever do and that's why a few of us from the get go were saying to give him time.

Status
Not open for further replies.