• Naw

Votes: 483 66.6%
  • Cheese on wor toast

Votes: 39 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we've already seen how disastrous Unsworth is as a caretaker manager. Shouting up to the stands to get Joe Royle to come and help him.
He got our best result of the season. But was given a horrid run of fixtures. 2 games a week and the players knew he was temporary. Set up to fail.

There is no hope with Moyes.

He had Less than a 30% win rate at West Ham, he s had less than 30% win rate in his previous 3 jobs, like I say take away his history with us and judge him on what he's done in recent years

I don't think he is poor performance in West Ham, he carried the team in the worst situation, lot of injuried players, in the relegation zone, limited players quality and all players lost their confidence...etc. He actually did well and the team actually played well in the competitions after he come.

Sam alladayce did what was required, more so even, should we get him back?

I'd have him over Silva. Silva's football is crap. Crap, losing, football. The truth is that the appointment of Fat Sam is the only managerial appointment that Silva has got correct in his time at Everton.

I'm not in love with Moyes. If better managers are available, then we should go and get them. But we are sacking another manager mid season, and I think we may be looking at an interim appointment rather than a long term one. If we do go down that route, then I see the club considering Moyes as an interim manager.

Yes. He did what was required as an interim manager at West Ham.

If there's some other super duper manager that is ready and willing to come to Everton and is worthy of a five year contract then fine, get him, whoever he is.

But if we are in need of someone to come in on a short term basis whilst we find the right manager then I think Moyes is going to be near the top of the list.
I think Moyes is a very good manager, whose reputation has been unfairly tarnished due to him being stupid enough to take the Man Utd job. The performance of those who have followed showed he was not the real issue there.

Thing is, he is now labeled a dinosaur manager. Moshiri would never go for him as he wants to be trendy, at the bleeding edge, etc. The dinosaur thing is weird to me, as Moyes was never that type of manager to me, he always seemed like someone who would leave no stone unturned to maximize performance.

The other issue is tier one managers will not come here. We will always be getting flawed candidates as we have neither the financial muscle of a Man City, or the prestige of a Man Utd.

In some ways Moyes would be ideal, but I really cannot see the board going for it. Instead we will get someone like Cocu, even though he seems no better than Silva.

He crapped himself under pressure every single time! Its why we had such a poor record against the bigger sides.

He even messed up his biggest achievement with us.

Ten years ago I could kind of understand why he would be the right choice but not now.
It's all about opinions mate, he would never get the nod now anyway so my point is dead in the water...but for all the other choices that we could get....just as much of a risk as he would be.

I think Moyes is a very good manager, whose reputation has been unfairly tarnished due to him being stupid enough to take the Man Utd job. The performance of those who have followed showed he was not the real issue there.

Thing is, he is now labeled a dinosaur manager. Moshiri would never go for him as he wants to be trendy, at the bleeding edge, etc. The dinosaur thing is weird to me, as Moyes was never that type of manager to me, he always seemed like someone who would leave no stone unturned to maximize performance.

The other issue is tier one managers will not come here. We will always be getting flawed candidates as we have neither the financial muscle of a Man City, or the prestige of a Man Utd.

In some ways Moyes would be ideal, but I really cannot see the board going for it. Instead we will get someone like Cocu, even though he seems no better than Silva.
With an @ like that You don't say. Are you sure you're not actually David moyes

After much soul searching I’d say yes until the end of the season
Silva is terd and can’t seem to defend, attack or change the plan
There’s not a lot out there but maybe with Tim Cahill in a assistant role

Status
Not open for further replies.