Roberto back in the goodison hotseat?

• Of course

Votes: 61 20.0%
  • Nah

Votes: 244 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen on the way home today...gave it the bird; felt better.

49096916428_8442b1122c_o.png

Because at times we are really good. We have suffered key injuries and bad calls with VAR. We also still have deadwood to get rid of so we can get genuine depth in the squad. Silva has shown excellence but needs a deeper squad to make it consistent. I really think we should get behind the slightly longer term plan.

Brands said he made this clear to Moshiri. Something like if you want success tomorrow I am the wrong man. If you want longer term sustainable success then yes. The whole thing includes the academy and bringing on young players. I think after one more summer window we can begin to see really where we are.
Its flashes of good though in some games, we are consistently inconsistent. What about last year though without VAR and better ' luck' and less injuries? It was exactly the same story.

The deadwood doesn't make crap subs or has no plan b, or plays two defensive midfielders. I could go on to be honest.

With Brands I'd expect him to say that when he first arrives its instant pressure off. But he doesn't need 10 years to realise we needed a proven striker and more that two senior cbs at the club.

The point is, in order to get more points, you have to win more games and lose fewer. Which we did. We also finished 4th with a minus goal difference. I guess that is some achievement to be fair.

When we won the league, I was 5, so I honestly couldn't tell you without looking, but I do know it will have a) been more points, and b) been more games in the season.

But i digress, the difference between a league title winning side and the difference between finishing 4th or 5th is ridiculous, and you know it.

Now, I didn't say that did I. Might wanna read it back.

Also, go away? Hahahahaha.

Am I not allowed to have an opinion (not the 1 you thought I had mind) that is contrary to one's you've been told to have?

you said Moyes finishing 4th with less points is less of an achievement than Martinez‘a 5th because he got more points.

I’m taking your example to the extreme to show it’s ultimate flaw. Position trumps points. The end.

He'd probably still be manager if he didn't chat utter wham all the time. Evertonians need a straight talker not a bull*******

Lot's of virtues to his management style, was a great ambassador for the club too. Shame, he brought so much to the club, if only he'd taken a more pragmatic approach a bit more often we could have achieved things I reckon.

He'd probably still be manager if he didn't chat utter wham all the time. Evertonians need a straight talker not a bull*******

Lot's of virtues to his management style, was a great ambassador for the club too. Shame, he brought so much to the club, if only he'd taken a more pragmatic approach a bit more often we could have achieved things I reckon.

Yes I think this is a good point. He did seem to be blowing smoke up everyone's arse after poor or ordinary performances and I can understand how most fans were frustrated by that. However, most managers, or at least those worth their weight will say different stuff to the public than what is said behind closed doors even if it isn't what we want to hear after a poor performance.......frustrating as that is. But yes, as another poster suggested, he did use the word "phemomenal" a little too much and blues fans rightly felt they were being led on at times with it.

Martinez gave us hope and raised expectations to a level not seen for a long time in his first season.

Sadly he then utterly failed to address the obvious problems in the squad and the way he was using them in the next two seasons, so we now all know he's not the man for Everton. I still love the bloke ( though didn't love him so much when up at Sunderland for his last game ), and hope he's successful, but don't want him here as manager or coach.

If he didn’t have the Long-locked Homesick Blue-Grass and Captain Diagonal Hoof Pass undermining him at every opportunity because they were on the downward spiral I think he’d have faired better in that last season. When a couple of bad eggs usurp the Manager the result is inevitable.
His charisma and total addiction to football would, in my very humble opinion, have taken us up a level with a bit of time, patience and investment.

Managed Alcaraz for Wigan and genuinely thought he was good enough to fetch to Everton. To make it worse when he spoke about him, you would have thought we had Ratcliffe back on the books.
Same with Mcgeady. If you had never sen him play and listened to how Clown Shoes described him, you would have images of Trev or Andrei back on the books.
Phenomenally deluded !

Status
Not open for further replies.