Roberto back in the goodison hotseat?

• Of course

Votes: 61 20.0%
  • Nah

Votes: 244 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the players that Belgium can put on the pitch, anybody, and I do mean anybody, would do well. Pick a side of international superstars, and have a seat in the stands. I like Martinez, but he’s no genius. Just in the right place at the right time.

Everton ain’t no Belgium. His shortcomings were exposed last time, nothing has changed.

In all seriousness I dont want him back. Not suited to the thud and blunder football craved for by millenials.

He's an Everton manager for another era, when people held fast to, and took seriously, Evertonian's need to be the School of Science.

Care to translate this nonsense? I think I know what you're saying and if I'm interpreting it correctly it's complete crap from beginning to end.

Every word of it.

Top 10 FIFA world best manager. Belgium's greatest ever manager.

Not good enough for Everton.

Lol.

He came, he saw, he conquered, he got stabbed in the back, he left.

Pretty much covers it.

He's coaching Belgium's golden generation. Anyone put in that spot would have been Belgium's best manager ever. They're possibly in the top 5 in terms of talent over the last 2 World cup cycles.

That's not Martinez making them great. He's doing a good job, but it isn't like he's making something out of nothing.

The longer the man was with us, the worse we became... That speaks volumes about his ability as a manager.

The 'football' towards the end was as bad as anything Sam the Slob served up. Pedestrian, easy to play against, absolutely no cutting edge and unbelievably dull.

Throw in the countless capitulations from winning positions and the utter drivel that came out of the mans mouth after games where we were atrocious and I genuinely can't believe anyone would want him back.

The man was a shambles from April of his 1st season until he was rightly given the bullet.

Last edited:
The longer the man was with us, the worse we became... That speaks volumes about his ability as a manager.

The 'football' towards the end was as bad as anything Sam the Slob served up. Pedestrian, easy to play against, absolutely no cutting edge and unbelievably dull.

Throw in the countless capitulations from winning positions and the utter drivel that came out of the mans mouth after games where we were atrocious and I genuinely can't believe anyone would want him back.

The man was a shambles from April of his 1st season until he was rightly given the bullet.

Summed up perfectly

I watched that second round game against Japan in my local with 100 Belgians who were shocked that this was happening.

I explained I'd seen this game 100 times. The plan wasn't working but it was the plan so we live or die by it... then Henry dressed him down at half time, explaining that Belgium were stronger, taller and faster than their opponents so maybe a more direct approach might be profitable
Henry? The utter embarrassment of a manager? That Henry?

Pfffffft!

Has one plan. Never changes it unless Thierry Henry literally yells at him.

Literally gets paid to keep De Bruyne, Lukaku and Hazard interested.

And I'm still not sure if Witsel is good at togger
3 losses in 42 internationals. Average of 3 goals per game scored; 0.7 goals conceded per game....and you think he needs a nobhead like Henry?

Ha Ha Ha.

You know I like him but...Guy Thys is their best ever manager surely?
He got them to a Euros Final and WC SF. So yeah, on that score.

His overall record vis-a-vis Martinez is much worse though:

Martinez win rate 75%
Thys win rate 45%

That 75% is way above every other Belgian manager...and he has that WC SF performance too.

Status
Not open for further replies.