Roberto back in the goodison hotseat?

• Of course

Votes: 61 20.0%
  • Nah

Votes: 244 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top 10 FIFA world best manager. Belgium's greatest ever manager.

Not good enough for Everton.

Lol.

He came, he saw, he conquered, he got stabbed in the back, he left.

Pretty much covers it.
He couldn’t manage what seem to be one of the hardest jobs in football, managing Everton. It will take a strong man to conquer here, we just need to find that man.

"Phenomenal" has become part of Everton folklore all by itself now, I wouldn't hold that against him.

I do think people for whom English is not their native tongue can also be too dependent on the use of the same word in certain circumstances, and this seems like an example.

It was rather infuriating at the time, but now it makes me laugh.

Top 10 FIFA world best manager. Belgium's greatest ever manager.

You do realize that none of the best managers coach national teams, right? It is far less prestige and money than a top club job. Martinez failed as a club coach, so he had to go coach a national team to rehab his image. If he was even half confident in himself he would have ridden their WC run (meeting expectations, not surpassing them) and taken a high level club job.

But he didn't, because he's a coward, who knows he can only win if he has vastly superior players. Belgium will do well against the minnows of their group, but will undoubtedly lose to a France or Germany in the semis of the Euro. Then he'll take a job at a big club in a smaller league. Because that's all he can do. Same as Silva.

He did for 18 months, then he didn't for 18 months. Then he was sacked.

If any of us underperformed at our jobs as much he did, we'd be fired. His sacking was 100% justified, because he was unwilling to adapt once the league figured him out.

You should never go back, our greatest ever manager proved that! Fabulous first season, but couldn’t see / refused to accept our defensive frailties! His loyalty to the players (in always backing them, bugging them up etc.) ultimately turned the fans against him. Despite his flaws, he always seemed. A genuinely good man, and on that basis alone I wouldn’t like to see him back here, we would destroy the man.

We need to look elsewhere and bring someone brand new in if Silva crashes and burns, which, looking at his body language on the touch line may not be too far away?

You do realize that none of the best managers coach national teams, right? It is far less prestige and money than a top club job. Martinez failed as a club coach, so he had to go coach a national team to rehab his image. If he was even half confident in himself he would have ridden their WC run (meeting expectations, not surpassing them) and taken a high level club job.

But he didn't, because he's a coward, who knows he can only win if he has vastly superior players. Belgium will do well against the minnows of their group, but will undoubtedly lose to a France or Germany in the semis of the Euro. Then he'll take a job at a big club in a smaller league. Because that's all he can do. Same as Silva.
Beat Moyes' best Everton team then the best team in the country to win a trophy with the Dog & Duck.

Obviously that a very easy thing to do as a club manager...as is resurecting a football club and setting it back on its way to the top flight again.

Here's some of the rubbish national team managers that prove your point, btw:

Beckenbauer
De Bosque
Conte
Trapattoni

Martinez was unfairly treated considering the problem was down to an ageing defence and just needed time for the likes of John Stone to grow in his role. Some of our our knee jerk fans panicked and Martinez's fate was sealed.

The greatest travesty was how Koeman had wasted the windfall from the sale of John Stone and Lukaku and sold Barkley for a pittance.

Martinez was unfairly treated considering the problem was down to an ageing defence and just needed time for the likes of John Stone to grow in his role. Some of our our knee jerk fans panicked and Martinez's fate was sealed.

The greatest travesty was how Koeman had wasted the windfall from the sale of John Stone and Lukaku and sold Barkley for a pittance.

not really. the RS fired Brendan as soon as it went a bit south. we gave him a chance and he eventually lost the club.

I actually think he'd do extremely well on a good club, I mean if you are managing Man City you don't really have to practice corners I guess. Also on a bad club where his style of scoring goals could get enough 3 pointers to offset the 1-2 month streaks where you are outscored 3:1.

on the other hand we might be bad club. Come home and save us from the drop Roberto!

Absolutely not.

Martinez started this slump.
It pains me to say it, but that is correct.

I think Moyes gave the most vocieferous part of our fan base the basic up and at 'em football that most were weaned on. That's safe but uninspi=ring and usually wont let you down if you want to be a superior second tier PL team.

Unless someone comes in and has us playing season after season like a Guardiola team, handing out masterclasses every week, the Moyes-children-turned-adults will howl down any attempt to play football the Everton Way of old. It's probably best not to try playing football at this club.

Status
Not open for further replies.