Would you pay £24m for Lukaku?

What is the maximum you'd pay for Rom?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The longer we wait for him to make up his mind the less chance we have in bringing someone else in if he decides to go elsewhere,kone and naismith partnership is a scary thought.

I would have agreed with this wholeheartedly as recently as January but I for one would have no fears about Naisy stepping up.

Bobby found his ideal role and the lad's renaissance in the second half of the season was spectacular.

I am looking forward to seeing him kick on this season.

As for Kone, it is too early to write him off, IMO.

I must say I am not terribly excited about him but you know what....if Bobby thinks he was worth buying then I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

I would have agreed with this wholeheartedly as recently as January but I for one would have no fears about Naisy stepping up.

Bobby found his ideal role and the lad's renaissance in the second half of the season was spectacular.

I am looking forward to seeing him kick on this season.

As for Kone, it is too early to write him off, IMO.

I must say I am not terribly excited about him but you know what....if Bobby thinks he was worth buying then I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

No it's not. He is terrible and he will be terrible. Martinez knows it was a mistake bringing him in.

I think it's tough for you guys to secure Lukaku, but I don't think it's impossible. I'm surprised that there's even a question over whether you think he's worth 24 million. IMO if you have to go out onto the open market to find a forward, you will not get close to finding a player of his quality who'll want to move to Everton. I don't mean that in a disrespectful way, but in the same manner that Lukaku wants CL football, any proven goal scorer in a top league is going to a) cost big money and b) want to wait to see if a CL club comes in before moving anywhere.

Agree with those who think Kone is not very good. He isn't. You guys should bid for Negredo, he'd be unbelievable at Everton. He's on 50/60k a week so he's certainly within your wage budget range. I believe City are asking 25 million for him. Personally as much as I rate Lukaku, i'd have the Beast in my team ahead of him all day long because he's a better finisher, has a better first touch, and has that intelligence that comes with age. Actually having said that, I rate Lukaku a lot too so if you get either of those two you'll be laughing.

I think it's tough for you guys to secure Lukaku, but I don't think it's impossible. I'm surprised that there's even a question over whether you think he's worth 24 million. IMO if you have to go out onto the open market to find a forward, you will not get close to finding a player of his quality who'll want to move to Everton. I don't mean that in a disrespectful way, but in the same manner that Lukaku wants CL football, any proven goal scorer in a top league is going to a) cost big money and b) want to wait to see if a CL club comes in before moving anywhere.

Agree with those who think Kone is not very good. He isn't. You guys should bid for Negredo, he'd be unbelievable at Everton. He's on 50/60k a week so he's certainly within your wage budget range. I believe City are asking 25 million for him. Personally as much as I rate Lukaku, i'd have the Beast in my team ahead of him all day long because he's a better finisher, has a better first touch, and has that intelligence that comes with age. Actually having said that, I rate Lukaku a lot too so if you get either of those two you'll be laughing.

His he better than Benjani though :)

I

He's 29 next month and would therefore have no residual value, so not the kind of mega money purchase we could make

His he better than Benjani though :)

Haha. I'm better than Benjani but Benjani will always be a hero of mine for one reason and one reason alone. His City debut came in the Munich Anniversary derby at $old Trafford. He scored the winner. He celebrated with us. I'll love him forever for that.

How about Dzeko instead? He'd be boss here.

Somebody called Ged_Robinson tweeted today that a girl in his work met Barkley in Ibiza and he showed her a text from Lukaku saying he's signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.