Would you pay £24m for Lukaku?

What is the maximum you'd pay for Rom?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He does not get much service does he, the team are not creating a lot over recent games or playing well.

He's got to work on his hold up play though, and he's got a great teacher in Dunc to learn from.

If you watch him the amount of good runs he makes in a game is ridiculous. Yesterday he made on which just needed a little through ball from mirallas and he would of been 1 on 1 with the keeper, but mirallas tippinstrad tried to take on about 3 guys and lost it. We never give Lukaku the ball when he wants in the most, instead we give him it when there are 3 guys surrounding him and expect him to score, he's a target man in the box and then use his pace when he makes the runs. Let's not forget though, he is only 21..

Hardly got any service at all last night in a game where we created very little and scored three fortunate goals.

I think McGeady is awful. The Pienaar of a couple of years ago would have created much more for Rom, and would bring out the best in Baines. There must be something wrong with him (i.e. he's past it and that's obvious in training) for McGeady to keep getting the nod...

I'm not as worried about Rom's first touch as some on here - it's a difficult skill to master when you're that big, and even this season there have been a few games where his touch and link up play has been excellent, so we know he has the ability in him somewhere.

For me, the major issue is his heading. He seems to always miss them by miles, having jumped about 5 seconds too early. And the thing is, he doesn't need to make a perfectly cushioned header onto the feet of our no 10 in order to be effective - on those few occasions where he has got something on the ball, even if it doesn't go straight to our player, it disrupts their defence and midfield enough for us to have a decent chance of getting possession in a dangerous area.

But instead, after the defence fannies about for a bit and the ball goes back to Howard, he launches it long, Lukaku misses the ball entirely, they easily control it and get the opportunity to launch another attack. Very frustrating.

Lukaku is ace, he will slot 15 or so in a season, we havent had that for some time! and his general play will get better. He offers something that is different to our other strikers and between him, Eto'o (the dreamboat) Kone and Naismith we have a pretty decent strike force that all offer something a bit different in their skillset. Rom may not be the finished article yet but if he was, we wouldnt have been able to afford him. Strikers are expensive, young ones with promise are even more expensive. We payed good money for him but we also got value for money, if you'd prefer we could always sell him, bank the money and get Denis Straq back...

Lukaku has not changed from last year. We don't create enough for him so he doesn't score as many as he could and then people get on his back.

The minute we start delivering for him (being our star player now) then the minute he starts banging them in and looking like a player that could fulfill his price tag.

Sick of hearing about his first touch as well. If the rest of the team supported him and played to him then his first touch could nearly always be a goal.

Lukaku has not changed from last year. We don't create enough for him so he doesn't score as many as he could and then people get on his back.

The minute we start delivering for him (being our star player now) then the minute he starts banging them in and looking like a player that could fulfill his price tag.

Sick of hearing about his first touch as well. If the rest of the team supported him and played to him then his first touch could nearly always be a goal.

Hasn't he scored the same at this point as he did last year?

BtzoOxmCQAENl9X.jpg

He's got some great qualities and some poor ones, all in all though, I don't think other teams like playing against him.

He doesn't retain the ball very well but he frightens defenders. The bigger problem is that we now have a number of players who give the ball away cheaply, it's ok to have one or two players who try things in advanced areas and lose the ball because sometimes it pays off but if you have 3-4 of these types then things get very disjointed very quickly.

I'm confused how people are saying he's not getting the service, yet also pointing out how many goals he's scored.

Which, you know, requires service.

Status
Not open for further replies.