Would you pay £24m for Lukaku?

What is the maximum you'd pay for Rom?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm starting to get worried about how much we are wasting him. you see players like silva, mata and siggurdson, if he played with these he'd be banging in 25-30 probably.

we don't have a player like that, never mind of their quality. naismith's been great for us and doesn't deserve dropping, so if we did have a player like that, how could you justify not playing naismith?

anyway, hopefully this is the start of barkley's rise as a CM and martinez will see the need to buy someone creative to compete for that ACM position. besic has to start alongside him vs soton if mccarthy's not fit. barry's been awful and besic was immense today - perhaps not very solid defensively, especially given how crap our keeper and centre backs have been, but ah well, we can't neglect all our attacking play for them - we've been pretty dire the last few months doing that and it hasn't really helped.

Lukaku:

1. 21 years old
2. Doesn't receive the service that he needs and subsequently would turn into goals.
3. Can't jump up and win a header. Like, at all. I've never watched him win a header. Goal vs Red plop doesn't count.
4. Couldn't trap a bag of cement.
5. He's going to be great one day.

It's difficult to build attacks when the striker can't be trusted to hold the ball up for more than three seconds, and the players in the three creative positions aren't good enough to slide him in.

I don't see how this is going to work.

If someone offered 20m i'd sell him providing we would defo buy a replacement e.g Remy.

If someone offered 20m i'd sell him providing we would defo buy a replacement e.g Remy.
hhDX86F.jpg

I thought he was quite good????????????

He's competing for the ball much better now and his one touch layoffs the last few games have been nicely played in the main. Does need to learn how to win a flick on header though.

95% of strikers these days barely do anything, there are only a few in THE WHOLE WORLD that destroy people on their own.

I think it's his attitude which annoys us as well. I know strikers have their good and bad days, but half the time he just doesn't seem fazed to actually turn up. I know the service to him can be pretty much non-existent in some games, but missing almost every header he jumps for is abysmal (he's over 6ft compared with Naismith who never seems to miss a header), his first touch isn't great and his hold up play is poor (granted against QPR, in the first half, there were glimpses of some decent hold up play, and he jogs half-assed a lot of the time when 'attempting' to close down. I think any a lot of fans get on his back, myself included, is we broke our transfer record signing the lad - play with a bit of oomph Rom - I walk my dog with more gusto.

Oh Yayy he's gone a game without a goal so let's slag him off.

Pathetic.

Sign sigurdsson and play him behind Rom and see how many he scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.