Would you like Graham Potter in to replace Dyche?

Would you be happy with Potter over Dyche?

• Potterball me up

Votes: 112 41.8%
  • I'll stick with Hoof n rush Dycheball

Votes: 77 28.7%
  • Kippers, poached eggs and toast (alright, with cheese).

Votes: 46 17.2%
  • Someone else (please name)

Votes: 33 12.3%

• Total voters
Interesting take Gents, there's been a rejoinder to this line of thinking in the Dyche thread on and off for a while. That it's the coaching that's the problem aligned with Dyche's mentality. Here you appear to say the players are as much, if not totally, to blame?

Fwiw I've no strong view about Potter, I'm trying to get to the heart of where our woes lie and who, or what, could resolve them.
Our squad hasn't largely changed for a few seasons now (aside from the odd new face and the odd face leaving), so they have to be partly to blame for us being so poor, especially in front of goal. Our mangers since Carlo have all struggled to get much if a tune out of the squad, so clearly have been not the best appointments. You only have to look at how bad benitez is doing with celta Vigo to confirm his ability. Frank, nice guy, awful manager. I actually think Dyche is doing OK with what he has, but his limitations are also clear in that we only have plan A, and that plan does not seem to win us games. Its probably the combination we have now that makes us at best, a mid table team. It's frustrating to see that we have gone from a regular European place challenger to a relegation scrapper of a team.

It's a no brainer! I would have had him before he managed Brighton. Thing is, why oh why oh why, would he come to us?? Relegation battles, no transfer budget, some [Poor language removed] takeover happening, a squad who can't score.
His reputation has taken a bit of a knock after the Chelsea debacle and our expectations are at an all-time low as far as the past 20 years goes. If he weathers the storm for a season (getting rid of the deadwood in the process) we could be in a position to spend a decent bit of money by the time we move to BMD.

What is the relevance here? You must have too much time on your hands. It’s not the manager, the players are not good enough.

1710241181506.png

If potter would have money to spend he wouldn’t be the worst shout.

But I’d say no just because he has prem experience and for once I would like us to get a manager without it. Premier league experience has killed this club.

Saying this as someone who's currently ok with Dyche. But I'd prefer Potter after he's had a window and preseason. This season is absolutely not the right time.

I actually find all manager talk pretty boring, while we have an actual boss in charge. Rather we had all this type of thing if/when he leaves. No new boss will have all Everton Fans support, its just the way we are. Any new boss would do the same thing as a boss that has just left, as in picking players some dont like, doing same tactics and so on. Its just the way they work.

What has Potter achieved, really? A bit of form with Brighton that’s all. I don't think he'd do well at Everton. There are better managers out there. The current Wolves manager and their previous incumbent are both better than him imo.