Would you like Graham Potter in to replace Dyche?

Would you be happy with Potter over Dyche?

• Potterball me up

Votes: 112 41.8%
  • I'll stick with Hoof n rush Dycheball

Votes: 77 28.7%
  • Kippers, poached eggs and toast (alright, with cheese).

Votes: 46 17.2%
  • Someone else (please name)

Votes: 33 12.3%

• Total voters
Potters biggest criticism was that for all the style of play he struggled to have his team score goals. I think although a manager who is talented, he would not perform well here based on what we currently have as our glaring issue

2_Warnock-camera.jpg

Eh??
You want Potter when you can upgrade from free-flowing tippy-tippy tekkers-heavy Dycheball to proper old fashioned BRITISH football like yer Da used to play at school with a sopping wet casey?

Gone soft the lot of you.

Last edited:

The Brighton team he inherited was worse than this, and in 3 seasons got them to 9th with maupay upfront
Definitely our team now is better than Brighton back then. The question will be how he would deal in an environment of mess like Everton based on his time at Chelsea, while Brighton is one of the best led club of Europe that certainly did a favour to develop the club.

Not for me. Id rather we went back in for Corberan. Has shown twice now he can take a team with next to nothing and zero resources that he just improves players with work on the training ground and smart tactics. It's the solidity of a Dyche team at the back but with genuine build up and attacking play going forward and there is not a hoofball in sight, it's fast, direct and on the deck. Both Huddersfield and WBA went from the lower part of the Championship up into the playoff positions under him.
I've not paid attention pretty much this whole season because Everton ruin me but, yeah, good shout!

Our squad has changed a lot imo.
Patterson and Myko just over 2yrs. Tarkowski, garner, Onana, gana. McNeil just over a season and a half. Young, Harrison, Beto less than a season. And this is Branthwaite first full season
So this seasons only new faces are Beto, Chermiti, Young and loans of Harrison and Danjuma. We struggled to score last season, have added attacking players and the trend has continued... Does that make the goal problem more Dyche related?

Could Potter get our rabble to keep the ball better?

Well yes, he did with a Championship team, with a poor Brighton team that played a similar style to us, and with a Swedish team.

Who knows if results would be better, but totally naive to think he couldn’t change how we play.

Definitely our team now is better than Brighton back then. The question will be how he would deal in an environment of mess like Everton based on his time at Chelsea, while Brighton is one of the best led club of Europe that certainly did a favour to develop the club.
Well Chelsea have sacked better managers than potter so I’m not sure that means anything, who knows how he will handle it, is dyche Handling that well? He’s started to get prickly in press conferences and now seems to be keen to bring up the points deduction, constantly goes on about XG.
Because he’s a former hard CB and has deep voice, does that mean he’s not under pressure and can cope?

So this seasons only new faces are Beto, Chermiti, Young and loans of Harrison and Danjuma. We struggled to score last season, have added attacking players and the trend has continued... Does that make the goal problem more Dyche related?
You said it had hardly changed for a few seasons. Rafael was sacked just over 2yrs ago and we basically have a new team, bar 2 or 3

You said it had hardly changed for a few seasons. Rafael was sacked just over 2yrs ago and we basically have a new team, bar 2 or 3
I thought we were discussing the lack of goals in the team, and if it's squad or Dyche related? It's only last season and so far this season that we have a very poor goals tally.

I would not that i am sold on him but i do think he deserves a chance. Is why another 2 year deal would be more smart imo, i would be open to a new manager coming in but must be a similar type Is why i have said frank at brentford.
Why would it be a smart move?? He’s not learning from his mistakes and can’t seem to get out of this run, the narrative give him another couple of windows to get his players and we will be fine, is nonsense imo.
If he was sacked today I reckon 50% of the fan base wouldn’t care, if he was give a new deal in the summer to take him to 2027 I reckon 90%’of the fan base would be up in arms. I can’t think of anything worse than Sean dyche leading us out at BMD

I thought we were discussing the lack of goals in the team, and if it's squad or Dyche related? It's only last season and so far this season that we have a very poor goals tally.
No i replied to your post about the squad not changing , which isn’t true as I’ve just posted the evidence