Would you like Graham Potter in to replace Dyche?

Would you be happy with Potter over Dyche?

• Potterball me up

Votes: 110 42.3%
  • I'll stick with Hoof n rush Dycheball

Votes: 72 27.7%
  • Kippers, poached eggs and toast (alright, with cheese).

Votes: 46 17.7%
  • Someone else (please name)

Votes: 32 12.3%

• Total voters
At least a more sensible suggestion. Close this thread and start one on Corberan. Id be more interested to discuss - but would still stick with Dyche in our current predicament. No one seems to give him credit for dealing with this chaotic club, no other manager has this level of chaos, lack or resources, points deductions with still such a high level of expectation from the fans. And we are still out of relegation places with 6 points deducted and teams around us to play!!!
You can discuss Corberan here, friend.

You can discuss Corberan here, friend.
Discussion complete for me. 🤣 Dyche for now to manage us through to more stable grounds. Then consider the future in the future. To take on a promising manager in our current state is asking for trouble for both Everton and the poor manager whos career we will destroy. There is no coming back from Everton at the moment.....

He's probably about as good as we could hope for at this stage, so yes.

Shame Dyche has another season's salary to be paid up (no idea why he was given such a long contract, considering the lack of interest in him), but at least Potter would come without compensation.

Some will claim it's impossible to get these players moving the ball comfortably, but Brighton were no better when he took over from Hughton. There's also nothing that suggests to me that we'd be any more at risk of relegation next season under him than Dyche.

Discussion complete for me. 🤣 Dyche for now to manage us through to more stable grounds. Then consider the future in the future. To take on a promising manager in our current state is asking for trouble for both Everton and the poor manager whos career we will destroy. There is no coming back from Everton at the moment.....
Oh. But you wanted a thread? Gutted here.

Interesting take Gents, there's been a rejoinder to this line of thinking in the Dyche thread on and off for a while. That it's the coaching that's the problem aligned with Dyche's mentality. Here you appear to say the players are as much, if not totally, to blame?

Fwiw I've no strong view about Potter, I'm trying to get to the heart of where our woes lie and who, or what, could resolve them.
You missed the “potterwith billion pound Chelsea squad “era didn’t you ?!

At least a more sensible suggestion. Close this thread and start one on Corberan. Id be more interested to discuss - but would still stick with Dyche in our current predicament. No one seems to give him credit for dealing with this chaotic club, no other manager has this level of chaos, lack or resources, points deductions with still such a high level of expectation from the fans. And we are still out of relegation places with 6 points deducted and teams around us to play!!!
Id stick with Dyche at the moment until we see where we finish. Id look towards a change in the summer though. If the ownership thing ever gets sorted out (A big if) there is no reason a new board/owner won't want to bring their own people in. Also this season has been incredibly draining on everyone, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Dyche walks away off his own back. If he doesn't then Thelwell needs to give him an almighty kick up the backside and tell him to sort out the home form issues given it's the final season at GP otherwise he will last 5 mins if fans have to sit through another season of that.
There are always going to be high expectations as it's the PL mate and despite what some on here seem to think Dyche is not the only manager in world football who has ever managed on limited resources and down the bottom of the league. One of the reasons I mentioned Corberan was when he went to Huddersfield they only had about 5/6 players so talking about Dyche and a lack of resources is a bit of a joke really. The points deduction is a pain and needs to be navigated but the recent run of results under any other circumstances at any other club and Dyche would have been pulled upstairs by now to ask to explain himself, lucky for him there is no upstairs atm.

It's a no brainer! I would have had him before he managed Brighton. Thing is, why oh why oh why, would he come to us?? Relegation battles, no transfer budget, some [Poor language removed] takeover happening, a squad who can't score.

End of the season yes. I think he would represent a step in the right direction in terms of building a sustainable long-term project to get us climbing up the table again.