Would never get in the 'world class' or 'top ten' threads, but I loved them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross Barkley
Steven Pienaar
Joleon Lescott
Romelu Lukaku
Ibrahima Bakayoko
Manuel Fernandes

Gol

All the talk of 'world class' players and 'Our top ten greatest ever' had me thinking about those players who would never be mentioned in those threads, but despite that, they will always be Evertonian hero's.

Tony Cottee & Jermaine Beckford are two of my unsung favourites...they scored goals but never got much love for it. Even Lineker is not seen so fondly by some. Evertonians can be weird to please sometimes.

Tony Cottee & Jermaine Beckford are two of my unsung favourites...they scored goals but never got much love for it. Even Lineker is not seen so fondly by some. Evertonians can be weird to please sometimes.

Expectations with Cottee wasn't it? British record transfer fee. Hat-trick on debut, yet never got past 20 goals in a season after a period when Sharp and Lineker did so regularly.

Could probably name most of the players around the 07-12 seasons.

Carsley, Cahill, Arteta & Yakubu stick out.

Fernandes & Jelavic special mentions for some of the most exciting half-a-season debuts ever.

...most of the mid-80s side but special mention for Sheedy and Sharp. Morrissey and John Hurst from the 60s/70s and Cahill a favourite of mine from the more recent history.

Status
Not open for further replies.