Worst Summer Signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klassen, Rooney and Martina. Quite why we signed a Southampton reserve is beyond me.

When RD was in charge of Celtic we had a saying if you sign a Dundee united player you turn into Dundee united. That's what we are doing turning into a reserve side.

Sigurdsson.

Put in some good balls tonight to be fair but generally he is a 50M white elephant.

I don't even think he is a bad player, I don't think any of them are really but in terms of outlay and what we already had it looks a more and more mad signing each game.

Klaasen right now. Martina is turgid as we know but cost nowt and Sandro is poor but cost buttons. Sigurdsson is perhaps showing a bit more of what he's about and considering he had no pre-season that's ok. Rooney is our top scorer and at least tries, sometimes too much. Keane has been shockingly bad considering how highly he's rated. A real surprise for me. Vlasic looks promising and runs his arse off despite very little help. Pickford is at least looking half decent although I think he's been worse lately than he was to start with. If I've forgotten anyone it's probs cos they're well crap.

It's a pretty damning indictment on the transfer window when every poster chooses a different summer signing as being the worst and, after reading the reasoning, I end up changing my mind each time.

Klaassen and Sigurdsson both seem like colossal wastes of money at this moment and, what's worse, they both want to play in the exact same position as each other. Utterly ridiculous.

Our scouting policy in the summer just seemed to be about replacing Rom's goals by getting players in with good goal and assist stats. I could understand that if we had kids in charge. But surely football men like Walsh and Koeman should think about how those players might combine together before spending £90m or so on players that simply can't play together effectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.