Worst Everton signing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to look beyond Nyarko and McGeady. Alcaraz was woeful too. I would say that Beattie was better than all of them (but not by a great deal).

This must be an age thing.....the four mentioned wouldn't make the top twenty of the worst Everton players those of us watching since the 70s have seen :celebrate:

(Well, Alcaraz might :blush:)

Brett Angell, Claus Thomson, Mitch Ward, Mark Pemberton, Mike Milliken, John Oster......now there names to conjure with :Blink:

And of a more recent vintage, Ibn Tal, Abel Xavier and Jo must come close to making the cut ;)

McGeady for me and David Johnson second time round,as for Tiger Mclaughlin he just retired from plumbing up here in Scotland a couple of years ago, after his spell with Everton he went to the states to ply his trade and quite smartly at some point swapped his shirt with Pele, it now hangs proudly in the Victoria pub, Carronshore and will earn him a nice couple of boob when he comes to sell it.

Geoff Nulty was pretty gash! jim Pearson was the footballing equivalent of toothache and george telfer, simply becaus ehe should have been great and he was anything but!

This must be an age thing.....the four mentioned wouldn't make the top twenty of the worst Everton players those of us watching since the 70s have seen :celebrate:

(Well, Alcaraz might :blush:)

Brett Angell, Claus Thomson, Mitch Ward, Mark Pemberton, Mike Milliken, John Oster......now there names to conjure with :Blink:

And of a more recent vintage, Ibn Tal, Abel Xavier and Jo must come close to making the cut ;)
Fair point! Having said that, I've been watching since '83 and I'd disagree with you on several of those you listed. All underwhelming, sure... well actually I'd say Xavier was okay.

Angel, Thomson, Ward, Oster all put shifts in, which is more than can ever be said for Nyarko, McGeady and Alcaraz.

Geoff Nulty was pretty gash! jim Pearson was the footballing equivalent of toothache and george telfer, simply becaus ehe should have been great and he was anything but!
Nulty used to wander around the pitch like lost child, he was woeful. Joe Harper is another who could be in the frame too.

Status
Not open for further replies.