Worse than Clattenberg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We shouldn't have enough ammunition to have a contest.

Do the RS even have 1 derby game in which they were served such an injustice?

We've got the Graham Poll one as well, don't forget... =/

Not at all - a very very poor decision but not even on the Clattenburg scale. Rodwell did go in, hard but fair - for the ball, without the opponent being remotely close. It was a shocking decision made worse by the proximity of the ref, the reaction of the player (but it seems the card was already out - terrible, poor.. call. I'm just so used to these I'm not even bothering to get worked up anymore)

i`d say yes. Atkinson wins on aggregate- he was the ref for the anfield derby were carragher and gerrard really went for pienaar (any links peeps) also the man u game were he blew up when jagielka was just shooting after we had scored 2 in injury time = 1 minute extra but he blew early. graham poll beats both of them imo, that guy was out there on his own- a legend. i`m sure theres a pattern emerging here............. nevermind

Clattenberg made too many bad decisions to be a coincidence IMHO. Atkinson just had a mare.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think Clattenberg was worse, but I wouldn't say Atkinson had a mare - he did alright by his and the Premier Leagues poor standards. This is what I said to a friend of mine online before the match, excuse the language...
Kevin: come on everton!!
i hate atkinson
watch him **** us
that ****ing [Poor language removed]
COYB!

He made one really bad decision. Other than that, a normal give and take in the game. But that decision was absurdly harsh and game changing and early, so I think that has to play into it.

Clattenberg on the other hand, lots of bad one sided no calls. He chose incorrectly to just let them play. That cost us 1 or 2 pks, kuyt a redcard, and plenty of others that just aren't coming to mind.

I'm usually a fan of refs just letting them play, but I still think that clattenbergs lack of calls was far worse that atkinsons interference.

Edit- forgot about gerrard talking clat into the red on hibbo. That one alone nearly equalled today's injustice, so everything else he screwed up that day is what sets that game apart.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.