WORRIED?

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 points from Chelsea, Wolves and Palace is better than 4 points from Palace, Watford and Villa, yes.
4 points from United, Leicester and Norwich is better than 4 points from Palace, Watford and Villa, yes.

Any team in the league can take points off any other, but it doesn't happen as frequently as you're making it out to be.

We have a run of 5 games in December where we play Leicester (a) Liverpool (a) Chelsea (h) United (a) and Arsenal (h)
We have a run of 5 games in January where we play Brighton (h), West Ham (a), Newcastle (h) Watford (a) and Palace (h)

I reckon, in my strange head, we'll take more points in the latter group of games. But there you go!

This is the thing tho, you never know because football doesnt always work like that.

Last season in the top 5 games youve mentioned there, we beat Leicester, Chelsea, Arsenal and lost to Lpool and United (9 points)

In the second 5 games youve mentioned we beat Brighton, West Ham and Palace. Watford we got beat and Newcastle we drew (10 points)

Hardly the massive difference in points that youre claiming is it?

See no reason why we couldn’t win all of those tbh. They are not fixtures that scare me.

I'm not for one second suggesting that they should scare you.

But there's no reason why we couldn't lose them all too.

I'm not for one second suggesting that they should scare you.

But there's no reason why we couldn't lose them all too.

But the way you're carrying on in this thread it's like you think football is black and white, and we must beat all teams we finished above and lose to all teams we finished behind. Just because we didn't beat Palace or Villa on the day, what bearing does that have on any other games?

Both of the goals they scored were preventable, they weren't out of nothing. At least they weren't any more than Digne's or Sigs penalty was.

They fully deserved to be level going into the last 10 minutes of the game.

We had 24 shots to their 9, 75% possesion and kept them pinned in their own 3rd of the pitch for the majority of the 90 minutes. They hardly got over the halfway line.

They didn't deserve to be level at all in fact it was quite miraculous and ridiculous that they were

But the way you're carrying on in this thread it's like you think football is black and white, and we must beat all teams we finished above and lose to all teams we finished behind. Just because we didn't beat Palace or Villa on the day, what bearing does that have on any other games?

I'm not sure where you've got this from.

I've just said that playing teams above you is generally harder than playing teams below you. CONTROVERSY!

If the aforementioned teams have played more teams above them and have the same number of points as us, who have only played teams below us, then that (statistically speaking) puts them in a better position than us because they won't have to play those fixtures again - we still have them to come.

Getting beat by Aston Villa is unforgivable to me. Absolute ale house ram shackle lot. A team that finished 5th in tier 2.

Silva needs to sort this out and quick.

I'm not sure where you've got this from.

I've just said that playing teams above you is generally harder than playing teams below you. CONTROVERSY!

If the aforementioned teams have played more teams above them and have the same number of points as us, who have only played teams below us, then that (statistically speaking) puts them in a better position than us because they won't have to play those fixtures again - we still have them to come.

But it doesn't work like that at all does it, because any of them could lose at Palace or Villa, in fact as someone pointed out, United actually lost at home to Palace, so we've technically got one up on them there already. They beat Chelsea, so what, Chelsea are utter crap.

Arsenal have won 2 games by the odd goal against Newcastle and Burnley, then got smashed at Anfield, they are absolutely crap and I'd expect them to lose at both Palace and Villa and probably Goodison as well. You sound like those people who were saying we would pick up no points from our remaining 6 home games last season because "well we couldn't even beat Huddersfield could we!?!?!?!"

There is always to much worry when its Everton involved, i only panic if we are level going into last 10mins thinking we will lose or if we are leading by 1 thinking we will conceed, having a decent set of fixtures was never going to end up with us going unbeaten as some seemed to act like, its just not us, we may get a few wins under the belt by the time 10 games have gone, i think or hope anyway that we win the next 2 home, Bournemouth inbetween those 2 we always have problems winning there as we have proved over the last few years when been 2 up twice in 2 sep games and still not won

But it doesn't work like that at all does it, because any of them could lose at Palace or Villa, in fact as someone pointed out, United actually lost at home to Palace, so we've technically got one up on them there already. They beat Chelsea, so what, Chelsea are utter crap.

Arsenal have won 2 games by the odd goal against Newcastle and Burnley, then got smashed at Anfield, they are absolutely crap and I'd expect them to lose at both Palace and Villa and probably Goodison as well. You sound like those people who were saying we would pick up no points from our remaining 6 home games last season because "well we couldn't even beat Huddersfield could we!?!?!?!"

Take your specs off occasionally mate, it helps.

Apply that exact logic in reverse and you might see where i'm coming from (but I doubt it).

"Chelsea and Arsenal are utter crap" - yet always finish above us.

"Any team can beat anyone" - so we end up in a perpetual cycle of not measuring team performance because "anyone can beat anyone - so what does it matter!"

Jesus.

Great point this. Newcastle literally beat a team that played in the CL final on their pitch this weekend.

Although obviously I was devastated to lose to Villa and in no way am I saying that its acceptable, the results that followed that weekend for other teams made me feel a little bit better.

For me losing to Palace at home (United) and Newcastle at home (Spurs) is much worse than losing to Villa away.

Away from home you can easily drop points against any team when its not your day

Do you think Spurs fans should be WORRIED?

Yes. They haven't played well but had a good result at City and they face added competition for their top 4 position this year.

We haven't played well and haven't had good results and we face stern competition for 7th spot this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.