Match Thread Wolves v Everton - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How poor was Onana though. He cannot play there without some legs and steel next to him - and that isn't Gomes. Wish I had an answer as without Gana we don't have anyone else who can play there. Proper unbalanced squad. Doesn't look promising unless we can bring in a Kalvin Phillips type player.

Pathetic performance but not all down to the players. I have had little confidence in Dyche, he is the crux of the matter, poor team selections, tactics and subs. He is a rubbish manager. This is for the most part how he had Burnley playing so for Everton read Burnley.
FFS

Wolverhampton Wanderers manager Gary O'Neil asked for his side's match against Everton on 30 December to be moved over workload concerns.

O'Neil said he approached the Premier League about moving the game to the following day but it was not possible.
Despite his worries, Wolves thrashed struggling Everton 3-0 having played three games in six days.

"I'm risking players getting injured by asking them to go again," said O'Neil.

"The league are always fine, there's normally reason why they can't do it.

"They were open to listening to what I spoke about and they looked into it as much as they could but said it was, unfortunately, not possible.

"Three games in six days is tough. You are always playing with someone hurting or not fully recovered.

"It's excessive, to expect them to be at the level they are supposed to be at."

Well its all down to the needs of the TV companies and it is not a fair playing field.

No surprise below that we are near bottom and the other lot had nearly 1 extra day recovery time per game during the xmas period.

This did not even take into account the extra game that ourselves and chelsea had to play in the Caraboa cup.

Since Liverpool last played on boxing day we haved played twice and a further 2 days on top.

Average time between games since 15th December
TeamDays
Brighton6.00
Liverpool5.80
West Ham5.80
Luton5.60
Newcastle5.53
Arsenal5.40
Bournemouth5.40
Notts Forest5.27
Crystal Palace5.27
Fulham5.25