Match Thread Wolves v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as we’re capable of getting a hiding we’re very capable of getting something from this . Hopefully the manager has tried to earn this money this week and drilled the players into the system he wants and away from home I think we can get at least a point here , the obvious defensive aberration apart.

Think Robertos is 2nd season was the last time I actually liked EFC, remember the Arsenal game in particular Seamus nutmegged Corzola who just smiled and clapped his hands
If we win tonight though we are in a decent position
COYB 2-0

I think some of our fans have been living in a cave the last few years based on the over reaction to being 9th in the table.

Martinez's 1st season was the only good season we've had since the Moyes years - we've had little moments in between like the Europa League run in Martinez's 2nd season, Koemans 4-0 demolition of Man City and the 4-0 under Silva at Utd but largely all have been tripe and its down to the recruitment/players ultimately.

When you replace Lukaku with Sandro Ramirez, Gana with Gbamin/Delph and Stones with Ashley Williams you cant complain when you become a midtable outfit.

As much as we’re capable of getting a hiding we’re very capable of getting something from this . Hopefully the manager has tried to earn this money this week and drilled the players into the system he wants and away from home I think we can get at least a point here , the obvious defensive aberration apart.

Defend deep, get the ball to Gray and Townsend and cross your fingers they do something magical seems to be the tactic.

The first thing I want to see is an appetite to win second balls and headers. You aren't going to win anywhere on the road in this league unless you do that. We have decided that the basics aren't that important in the last two weeks.

Literally anyone who can unite the club and work towards a common goal. People want to enjoy following their team. This is a chore at the minute.
No different since Martinez's first season. Season after season has been the same chore. Some managers have just made it more of a chore than others.

We've also won 50% of the home games so far this season, vs. 2020/21 when we only won 6 in 19 with Carlo's brilliant away record.

It depends on which stats we look at to determine success but I don't hear anyone talking about Rafael "sorting the home record out" which was absolutely dire last year. We can't talk about the 12th man effect with how quiet it is at Goodison at the moment either.
Empty stadiums were the problem and not just for Everton.

DyazZrmX4AA8bUc.jpg
Tosun and Rondon on the bench tonight

I'm really confused by all of our fans shouting for "stability". We are on a path that is going completely the wrong direction, so how is this stability. The club is the most divided and disunited it's been in my lifetime, so how is this stable.

I can only assume that people don't know the meaning of the word.
A couple of weeks ago we were just about top 4, win tonight and we can go top 5. Care to enlighten me how that is "cometely the wrong direction"? Yes, we lost a couple of games, let's not go overboard about it though

Status
Not open for further replies.