Match Thread Wolves v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any result hinges on Mina being fit - Keane/Godfrey are lost at sea at present.

No Mina with Doucoure and DCL out means a defeat sadly.

If Mina plays I would imagine we'll take at least a draw.

Remember how good we were at set pieces last season?

Imagine a new manager came in and ripped that up then we lost games because of it.

Enter Benitez.

PS: Hes also just publicly backed Rondon.

Wonder how close to the sack Benitez would be if we lost this, Spurs and City...

And bring in whom?

West Ham was even, just a bit unlucky, Watford woeful and the only other was an Aston Villa woeful performance

We need to keep it very tight tonight and keep a clean sheet, Holgate sitting in front of the back four? Godfrey sitting in front of the back four and Holgate alongside Keane, its tough without our best defender (whom still hasn't signed a new contract). Hopefully then a bit of momentum going into next weeks match...

Pickford
Coleman Keane Godfrey Digne
JPG Allan
Townsend Gomes Gray
Richarlison

I'd like to see that, but I suspect Rafael will play Rondon, Richarlison into Gomes slot, and Davies in for JPG.

I really hope he changes it up though, but he has stubbornness written all over him.

Pickford
Coleman, Keane, Godfrey, Digne
Gomes, Holgate, Allan
Townsend, Richy, Gray
Best I can come up with, and still has the same [Poor language removed] defence. Holgate might also be a liability charging around in front of the back four.

Remember how good we were at set pieces last season?

Imagine a new manager came in and ripped that up then we lost games because of it.

Enter Benitez.

PS: Hes also just publicly backed Rondon.

We've also won 50% of the home games so far this season, vs. 2020/21 when we only won 6 in 19 with Carlo's brilliant away record.

It depends on which stats we look at to determine success but I don't hear anyone talking about Rafael "sorting the home record out" which was absolutely dire last year. We can't talk about the 12th man effect with how quiet it is at Goodison at the moment either.

Status
Not open for further replies.