With “fans outside Merseyside” being a common insult to the reds, why are the scouser Everton fans thoughts on international Everton fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Born and inbred Wool who's dad is a Utd fan and wanted me to be one. My favourite cousin is a blue and as I was just getting into football (@6ish) he took me to Goodison to watch the best team in the country and potentially Europe, circumstances allowing, and thus I was Blue and have been slightly miserable since.

As the saying goes "1 of us is worth 20 of them" to misquote Labby and that's about the ratio of Die Hard Reds to blues I've met.
99% of the blues have been sound, 100% of them have been bells to varying degrees.

If you're passionate about Everton and follow us through think and thin then you're a proper supporter. The issue I have is with the horrible glory hunting mings who go on about the RS but when the RS are going through a bad spell you would never know they where interested in footy in the first place. I know a 'scouse' RS fan who was chatting footy is s*** and he isn't interested in it when Hodgson was there, now you would think he was the biggest fan the ever absolute GOBSHITE.

I was born and raised in the Southern part of the states. Every Premier League fan I have ever met is a fan of the "Big 6", except my brother. They always are very surprised when I tell them my club and I am always damn proud!

Not English and not born in Merseyside, so I know I cannot ever attain that type of fandom, but I am glad to be a supporter of EFC. Thanks guys.

Thanks. So moving to NZ means I have to give up all this suffering?
Didn't work for me. I blame the bloody interweb where we can suffer from the other side of the planet at the same time as the local fellas.

I grew up in Welsh rugby-land. Was chosen 48 years ago by a moment of revelation in a sports shop buying my first ever football kit. No-one else I knew supported the Blues, but my dad (against his "better" judgement) took me to see Brian Harris's testimonial against Newport County when Dixie did a ceremonial kick-off. Beyond that, no chance of getting to Goodison as a young bloke. Always playing sport myself and in the pre-internet days, how the hell do you sort that stuff out? Spent loads of time overseas and now I'm as far away as I can get, but don't ever tell me I can't be a Blue.

I've got 5 days in UK around the Bournemouth game in September and I'll somehow get a ticket and be there (and then go and see my mum)
2493_Dixie_dean_harris_test_1.jpg

Supported Everton since being old enough to know what football was.
Never worried about what other people thought. Born in Kent, lived in north Manchester.

When the success in the 80's came along, everybody knew I wasn't a bandwagon jumper.
I was there before. It was a great age to be an Everton fan as well I should add!

I have probably told this before as well.
I would not feel safe in Manchester Arndale with an Everton shirt on as a teenager, but I was known around my own town and sadly even had full kit.

And I loved it talking to scouse Evertonins at matches. They were like me, just luckier!

What does it matter where people come from, attendances might not be full all the time if Liverpool only had indigenous people supporting Everton.

I know it;s just 'banter', but anyone who chooses to support us, is welcome, crikey, why would you choose to support us these days haha.

Just leave the flaming stats on the plane.

If you go abroad and see anyone in an Everton shirt you see a fan. If you see anyone in a rs shirt you don't see a fan, just someone wearing a replica top.
So true. Im lucky enough in my work to do a bit of travelling. If I wander out for a beer and fancy some social interaction I either put on an Everton shirt or NZ one. Had some amazing sessions and like you say, its genuine football people you attract.

If you go abroad and see anyone in an Everton shirt you see a fan. If you see anyone in a rs shirt you don't see a fan, just someone wearing a replica top.

We live in a part of Brooklyn that gets loads of tourists- people walking over the Brooklyn Bridge, etc. A few weeks ago my wife was out running errands on a Saturday wearing her royal blue NEW YORK EVERTONIANS supporter group shirt and was stopped in the street by a family of Liverpool Blues here on holiday. Mouths agape like they’d just seen a UFO land in front of them. It was great. They had a lively chat with her and then they all started tweeting about this rare animal they’d found in the wild.

No one asked this mouthbreathing Yank, but in a way over here it's sort of my rationale that since we don't have any need to have any allegiance to any one club. I have ancestry dating back to the Northwest of England (my last name is Williamson) but that's about it.

The obvious connection for me were the great Americans that have graced the club in the past couple of decades. Wouldn't change a thing. Up the toffees!

We live in a part of Brooklyn that gets loads of tourists- people walking over the Brooklyn Bridge, etc. A few weeks ago my wife was out running errands on a Saturday wearing her royal blue NEW YORK EVERTONIANS supporter group shirt and was stopped in the street by a family of Liverpool Blues here on holiday. Mouths agape like they’d just seen a UFO land in front of them. It was great. They had a lively chat with her and then they all started tweeting about this rare animal they’d found in the wild.
So you're at the Tunrmill often, friend?

Status
Not open for further replies.