With “fans outside Merseyside” being a common insult to the reds, why are the scouser Everton fans thoughts on international Everton fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to share a City with the demon spawn mate

I don't know how you manage it
I mostly tell them the truth, plenty of times this season the truth has hurt them, but 99% of them never admit it, they can do no wrong, never fortunate always unlucky, even when the truth is smacking them in the face. I’m just a bitter Blue to them, but for every bitter blue there is at least one bitter and deluded red.

As the Chairman of a supporters club in Washington, DC, our members have all chosen Everton and many of us follow them closer than our local MLS side. We've been at it for eight years, and many of our core members have been over to Liverpool for a match or two, or more (ten in my case). I've been so appreciative that the club and Scouse supporters have welcomed us with open arms. I think the same can be said for the numerous other Everton chapters around our country.

Theres obvs a distinction to be made between 'Blues in Exile' and overseas fans who support Everton randomly or on a whim, but as others have said , its the quality of support that matters. I like ALL Blues almost as much as I hate all reds. I grew up in a Blue family, my elder sisters wedding was postponed in 1968 for obvious reasons, everyone including the priest had tickets for wembley, My other sister had a piece of Goodison turf in her living room from the 1970 title winning season - her husband took a spade to the game! It went to NZ with them in the late '70s. There's lots more in my family lore. Does that make me any less or more a Blue? i am proud to be a Blue wherever I live, and always will be!

I’m not really sure where this would classify me, as I’m from Chester, but my dads always been a blue and I’ve lived in Liverpool for 4 years now. I reckon the difference is that any non local Everton fan won’t be a glory hunter, but there’s a high chance a non local RS fan will be.

If you choose to support Everton and you are not from Liverpool you have better character than most. Its the glory hunting tits that annoy me who all support them so they can shout "5 times" to make themselves feel like they are part of something successful

I grew up in Wales having been born in Grimsby and started supporting Everton via my step dad watching them on the telly when I was a kid. That was the 03/04 season when we nearly went down and then I got my first shirt the season after when we went to watch them play.

The reason I fully converted as a kid though was when we went to watch them play Southampton that season. We were at home and my mum accidentally bought tickets for the away end so I couldn't have my shirt on show. Anyway at half time my parents asked the stewards if we could move and they said no problem and took us across the pitch by the corner flag over to the home fans, and as I unzipped my coat to show my Everton top a couple of them cheered and that has always stuck with me as the moment I really felt a part of the club. The next time I went to watch them play the kit manager gave me a yobo third kit top that he'd worn during a game as it was my birthday and I still wear it now.

Completely get why people are dubious about outside supporters but from the very beginning Everton have always been unbelievably welcoming to me.

I'm a tourist fan as I wasn't born in England. However, geographically, Goodison Park is the closest Premier League team to my home therefore my local team.

Well that and I was Born a Blue, chosen in fact.

I'be been over to quite a few home games but not as many since the kide came along and ruined everything. Always look forward to a trip over for a game though.

My user name tells you where I'm from, i've supported Everton since I was 9, probably because at the time I was a glory hunter as this was May 85' but I couldn't have wished to follow a greater club in those intervening 34 years.
Only get to 3 or 4 games a season as work late shifts but go against my companies policies to listen to the games when I cant go.
I love this club through the good and the bad and that is all you want in a supporter of your team.

If you choose to support Everton and you are not from Liverpool you have better character than most. Its the glory hunting tits that annoy me who all support them so they can shout "5 times" to make themselves feel like they are part of something successful
Hopefully it wont change to 6 times anytime soon.

Choose to be a blue as a young lad in the early 80s in Dublin while all my mates were Reds or Utd fans. Younger brother is a red. Very proud of my decision as we are a special breed (tortured and bitter :) ) Amazing mates from Liverpool and Ireland who I drink with when over for games,
COYB

I live down in London so therefore know a lot of Liverpool supporters who aren't from Liverpool, don't have family from there and have never been to Anfield (the classic).

I have no issue with them but they're not the same as me. I feel the same towards any similar supporter, including Evertonians.

Fantastic reading about all you, outside of the city, Toffee's.

God bless you, and I'm sending you a virtual pint.

guinness_200w.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.