Wimbledon 7th May 1994.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate how we talk about this, wish moments like this were erased from our history.

Brilliant we stayed up and it’s brings an iconic goal and some great pictures but we shouldn’t celebrate it like 1995 or Rotterdam.

We are Everton!

....and always the possibility we benefited from cheating. Perhaps we had a big dose of our luck that day.
I’m sure I read that that was deffo not a fixed game from Hans Segers.

Even so, we can hold our heads high as it still wasn’t us cheating.

Can honestly say it is the only time in my life football has affected my sleep,the Friday night I just couldn't get a wink, the game was that important, then the Saturday night I didn't sleep again as I was that drained by the events of the day, utter madness,I always remember Vinny Jones coming over to take a throw in by the family enclosure looking ashen faced and visibly shaken by the vitriol and passion from even the young kids, no way were we going down:)

I’m sure I read that that was deffo not a fixed game from Hans Segers.

Even so, we can hold our heads high as it still wasn’t us cheating.

It wasnt fixed in the way many would think. That said, the story I was told many years later was that the Wimbledon players had lumped a few bob on one of their defenders to score........source was a minor ex Wimbledon player, who didnt play for them then, but did a year or 2 later.

I was at Wembley that day, watching an ex team mate of said Wimbledon player play in the FA Vase final for Taunton Town. Mate keeping me updated on his tranny. Murder it was.

The only good thing i remember from that day was my knee slide across the pitch legging it from lower bullens towards the centre circle, LIKE A BOSS!!! That and the big chunk of turf i dug up and took home. My mum replanted it with a little blue fence around it and a little brass plate she had made and engraved, like a little shrine.lol Still there n'all

Remember listening on the radio. Going 2 down and going for a long long walk. A terrible day that ended in relief

Aged me several years while watching from the Street End. Atmosphere was electric/aggressive even when we were 2-0 down and I went through so many emotions during that 90 mins.

I was there at that one, just about managed to get in to Top balcony and that was 90 minutes before kick off or something daft.

Always makes me laugh how Vinny Jones rated himself as such a hard man but he bottled it that day.

With a bit more careful planning could've been my first match at the grand old lady ever. Now it was Coventry City two weeks prior and away to Leeds the weekend after.

No English live matches on the telly back then over here, so had to do wit BBC ceefax and final score. As close to a near dead experience I ever came in my life that day.
Have you been at Chelsea in March mate? I've noticed two Dutch guys going to Goodison when I was on my way.

Status
Not open for further replies.