Transfer Rumour William Carvalho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep, different players, if I was to give them "roles" I would call Carvalho a deep lying playmaker and Witsel as you say box to box.
The descriptions of Carvalho as a player who can pick a pass but who isn't blessed with pace is certainly putting the Gibbo contract extension into a clearer light. Koemsn seemingly has plans for a static playmaker surrounded by pace a plenty. In Mirallas, Del and Rom we already have players tailor made for this set up.

The descriptions of Carvalho as a player who can pick a pass but who isn't blessed with pace is certainly putting the Gibbo contract extension into a clearer light. Koemsn seemingly has plans for a static playmaker surrounded by pace a plenty. In Mirallas, Del and Rom we already have players tailor made for this set up.

so if we dont land witzel or carvalho, expect a late bif for...

CARRICK.

Brilliant another one with no pace......I can pick a Pass on a good day does that mean I can have a contract FFS come on EVERTON get a grip and start spending some cash FFS

Unproven? He's just won the euros and plays champions league most seasons. How is he unproven?
Winning the Euro's is a fantastic achievement, one a very small percentage of players will ever achieve but that doesn't make him a better player now from when the links originally started a month or so ago. It's always a big plus if you can bring in a player who has won things you want players who have experienced success and know what it takes to win things. However I don't see how he's all of a sudden proven because of it. I don't want to take a thing away from Portugal but they only won one game in 90 minutes over the whole tournament and he didn't really receive any individual plaudits.

As for "plays Champions League most season" he's only played in the Champions League over one season, Lisbon didn't make it out of the stage. Giving him a total of just six Champions League appearances over his career.

Why are people banging on about his pace? He doesn't need pace; he's a deep lying playmaker and someone who breaks the game up through intelligent reading of the play - he'd be a top drawer long term replacement for Gareth Barry. Not everyone has to be a ratter who runs at breakneck pace for 90 minutes.

Seriously, think before you type!

Yes he's slow but he was a big part of a superb defensive unit at the Euros and isn't completely useless on the ball. I think it would be a good signing to make

Status
Not open for further replies.