Will we qualify for Europe this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously?

Look, while I'm enjoying the recent run of better results, an uptick in performances, players altitude and confidence...lets not sugar coat this. We have lost to Fulham, Wolves, Luton, and drawn with Sheff United and Brighton - all VERY winnable games. 13 points down the drain.

I think we will finish mid-table (baring any ridiculous points deduction) and be very happy with that for the time being.

We'd be second if we hadn't squandered those 13 points. Europe is a pipe dream.

I think Europe is out of reach this season, unless we somehow win a cup! We’re 6/1 for a top half finish, which I think is a reasonable outsider bet. Looking at the top half now, the only team I think we could finish above is West Ham. So I reckon we’ll be 10th at best, more likely 11th to 15th?!

Championship is
Despite our start to the season essentially giving everyone a 12 point start, we are now only 6 points off the European spots and are one of the form teams in the league.

Champions league will be a step too far this season, but we have to be in with a decent chance of qualifying for one of the other European comps.

*No drugs were consumed in the making of this post
Championship is based in England mate.

Finally some sense in here. We are 8 points off of relegation, and only 6 off of europe, so we might as well have a thread on that as well. I think we all know its probably a certainty we get europe, but I think the shouts for CL football are a bit too premature, as being realistic I think we end up a couple points short due to some very dodgy refereeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.