Will Rooney play again for Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I can't envisage a genuine scenario that would see Rooney (as a player that as anything left to offer) playing for us again. I can only imagine that if he were to sign for Everton in the future, it would be because the club had totally screwed up along the way, and had to resort to bringing in a former player in his late thirties.

I don't hold any grudges against the guy for leaving. No doubt when on England duty he had other players telling him of the riches and honours he could get if he were to move to a more successful Club etc. and also had the likes of his Agent giving the same type of spiel. He was a young lad and easily influenced. Since joining Utd he's won something like five League titles, a couple of League Cups, and the Champions League... so I'm guessing that he feels he made the correct decision to go.

Honestly chaps, there's more chance of Super kev and Jeffers returning. Let's let this topic die and move onto something more worthwhile, like what sticker is going to be on our seat next home game

Perhaps a coaching role?
http://www.thefa.com/news/england/2...pirations-ahead-of-man-utd-v-barcelona-240715
“I think as a player, and hopefully one day going into coaching, then you're always trying to pick up things, what teams are doing and, especially as you get a little bit older, you are trying to see how different teams are playing the game and how you feel you could counteract that. It's a different way of watching football and learning from it,” he said.
Read more at http://www.thefa.com/news/england/2...an-utd-v-barcelona-240715#UijjM1AaOHORB3Gr.99

All our deadwood costs just as much in wages as Rooney does. I think we know which team is getting value for money in this comparison.

...I'm a big Rooney fan but I by the time he might be available to come back I would hope he wouldn't be able to get in our side.
The reality is, the way we are going, in the foreseeable future there will always be a Kone or Naismith that Rooney will be able to offer more than.
In the example of Kone, even at 45, Rooney would have more to offer ;)

He's on the slide now,I can't see him lasting beyond 32/33 in the PL IMHO.

I think you're right, there was a story a few days ago linking him with a move to the USA when his current utd deal ends. Which sounds about right to me, they would offer him all kinds of money, semi retirement and probably a nice lifestyle playing for David Beckhams Miami or some other Franchise

I think you're right, there was a story a few days ago linking him with a move to the USA when his current utd deal ends. Which sounds about right to me, they would offer him all kinds of money, semi retirement and probably a nice lifestyle playing for David Beckhams Miami or some other Franchise
I don't think he'd go there tbh..

He doesn't seem the type that can adjust to change, or foreigners very well! Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.