Will our luck ever change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm crushed here.

Once again we fall at the final hurdles when it really matters most, no fairy tale ending for us.

And before you say it, yes I know there is an element of making your own luck and our first half showing was shocking. However, other teams have performed much worse in the past yet still managed to get through/win finals owing to good fortune on the day.

It just seems we are forever on the wrong end of such fine margins. Whether it be poor decisions, last minute goals or injuries to key players.

God it's hard being an Evertonian especially caring so much, and I know you are all the same.

It's hard to shake off.

Sorry, just proper genuinely gutted. We deserve so much better than we have got in the last 20 years.
It could be a lot worse matey , you could be Villa , or even worse , born a RS supporter

We had to beat Wigan and Millwall to reach the cup final 3 years ago and still managed to balls that up,would be nice to play Wycombe in a semi though.

I am hoping that our luck will change when we change our manager. Napoleon would refer to this when his aides suggested new generals to him: they would praise the candidate's military skills to Napoleon, who in turn would ask "Yes, but is he LUCKY?"

I would love us to appoint a lucky manager ! (as long as he is brilliant too, of course!)

We had to beat Wigan and Millwall to reach the cup final 3 years ago and still managed to balls that up,would be nice to play Wycombe in a semi though.

Would love to get Everton to a stage as in the mid eighties where we didn't care who the opposition was regardless of the competition.
We require a squad with mental and physical strength and a strong manager who the players believe in and will play for,you make your own luck but we now require a new manager and a squad overhaul which may be a lot easier to say than effect.

Mate of mine is a huge United fan. Top bloke. Anyway he has a running joke that evertonians when they get to heaven won't have to queue at the pearly gates, instead the God has created another set of gates for evertonians, as we have suffered enough not earth and should be allowed straight into heaven without having to queue. The jist of this story is that even he acknowledges how unlucky Everton are. He says he can't remember a club who has suffered as much as us in big games over the years.
His first remark after speaking to him after the match on Saturday....well they're extending the size of the gates as we speak. But he did go onto say , it wasn't luck that cost us on Saturday just awful finishing!!!

That's why I always say we'll bottle it. Our players looked sluggish and slow like they were draggin bags of cement.

The big occasions seem to get to the better of them.

Midweek against say Premier league opposition Barkley and the rest are getting half a yard scoring fantastic goals. No chance at Wembley, it's like the players were scared to be themselves and wanted a tap in for security.

I know the feeling - I've been single now for 2.5 years, with no "Facebook Official" relationship for 6! Now I'm no oil painting, nor a bronzed god, but I've seen MUCH WORSE going out with decent talent.

My RS mate on the other hand, who is like a fat version of Eddie Hitler, minus the trilby, pulls birds left right and centre. I watched the 2006 FA Cup final with him and his bird - always the feckin goosberry me.

Get dates, fall at the semi final stage because I'm "not their type". I blame it firmly on my blue blood.

Kenwright is a jinx been saying it for years as soon as he is gone we will win something,he is a bit like mick Lyons true blue but you just knew we would never win anything while he was here. two seasons later the flood gates open.
It will be the same with Bill mark my words,in fact i will give £50 to charity if we haven't done it two seasons after he steps down. vault me on it.

Everton as a football side are not fit for purpose this season. It's no surprise the most under cut team in the prem concede injury time goals about 8 times this year, it's not bad luck we have but bad fitness trainers led by a clown who would rather pass the ball sideways in training than doing conditioning work.

Don't underestimate the mighty Chairboys! I reckon Everton would've bottled that hypothetical game in typical Everyon fashion.

Luck had nothign to do with it. We bottled the first half, Rom played like Heskey, we missed a penalty and got away with a handball on the line.
Fully agree , Rom had a stinker , Is this just me , as I am a child of the eighties. Does Big Rom , remind you of Purple Acki . Just saying . There's a similarity. :celebrate:

Status
Not open for further replies.