Will Howard ever..

Status
Not open for further replies.
He seems to have trouble with teams with big physical front lines, especially on free kicks. However in a few games he was poor in (Stoke, Portsmouth) the back 4 struggled as well.

It hasn't been his best season but he's still one of the better keepers in the league.

The penalties though, its funny before he came to Everton I've always he was good/very good at stopping penalties. For a guy who's strength is stopping shots and quick reaction saves, he should be good at it. I keep hoping that A) its a prolonged streak of bad luck or B) just from the law of averages he's bound to stumble into a few.

He seems to have trouble with teams with big physical front lines, especially on free kicks. However in a few games he was poor in (Stoke, Portsmouth) the back 4 struggled as well.

It hasn't been his best season but he's still one of the better keepers in the league.

The penalties though, its funny before he came to Everton I've always he was good/very good at stopping penalties. For a guy who's strength is stopping shots and quick reaction saves, he should be good at it. I keep hoping that A) its a prolonged streak of bad luck or B) just from the law of averages he's bound to stumble into a few.

When a goalkeeper has trouble with form, it tends to affect the confidence of defenders, Playing infront of a confident, consistent and dominant keeper, then defenders play with greater confidence. You are right though about Howard being one of the better keepers in the league this season despite it not being his better campaigns.

Except for Swartzer, I really haven't seen a keeper in the prem who hasn't had a few bad days (I can't say I watch Fulham all that much though). Case in point, the masterclass showing of 2 of the "best keepers in the world" in the Chelsea-Liverpool match.

its not his penalty saving that worries me, its his commanding of his area esp his six yard box but thats not just TH theres a few keepers like that.

I guess he was due to save 1 or 2 sooner or later, law of averages and all that. What A result, Oh and i remember Yak Taking the piss out of Timmy too. I was fuming!!! Has serious worries about them getting on together to be honest.
COYB!!!!!!:D,

Status
Not open for further replies.