Will Everton ever be a good side again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I know things are very bad at the moment and yes it starts at the top I'm open minded about Moshiri has said in a text backing Rafael.I do not believe things can be that different or better until major changes are made yes we have never been this bad for a very long time now the late 1990s I remember Peter Johnson who was very bad for our club and some of the managers like Walker Smith and Silva not forgetting Martinez and Keoman.I only say Carlo and Joe Royle and yes okay Howard's first time in Charge were any good.Basically things have to change and quick before were left behind or relegated.The manager is accountable to for a lot of things as well.
I remember when Everton were at least on a par with the other 3 big northwest heavyweights,now were are so far behind RS, City and United, its a sad indictment to think we were one of the 5 that instigated the formation of the premier league around 1990. Can't see us ever getting to their status in the game again.

It was more than a little short sighted of Everton to vote for it in the first place.
In the panic over the influx of the sheiks' money, a lot of people seemed to miss the broader implications of the policy. It is possible (though unknowable) that the club would be in a worse position than they are today, had FFP not been enacted. We might be living in a world where hedge funds simultaneously snapped up most of the teams during the wave of revenue growth in the last decade that I don't think many people saw coming, much less the degree to which that growth would concentrate in the hands of the largest clubs.

If Leicester can do it and build a good team.anyone can. The PL has 3 leagues within itself. Motivating multi millionaire footballers to perform week in week out needs a top manager and a team with confidence. Brands has been bad a change is needed.

Now I know things are very bad at the moment and yes it starts at the top I'm open minded about Moshiri has said in a text backing Rafael.I do not believe things can be that different or better until major changes are made yes we have never been this bad for a very long time now the late 1990s I remember Peter Johnson who was very bad for our club and some of the managers like Walker Smith and Silva not forgetting Martinez and Keoman.I only say Carlo and Joe Royle and yes okay Howard's first time in Charge were any good.Basically things have to change and quick before were left behind or relegated.The manager is accountable to for a lot of things as well.
It needs many factors. First, we have to get out of the relegation fight (which is a big possibility with the fixtures coming up) this season - with or without Benitez.

Then, there are many issues need fixing like recruitment policies, scouting process, medical and youth academy. Whoever responsible or appointed has to get those right especially on the recruitment part - we can't be signing 10 expensive players and only 2 worked out. The roles have to clear - the fans may not have to know, but behind the scenes; Moshiri must get it sorted out or get a temporary unbias advisor to find out all the issues and then is easier to get the board to fix them. I say temporary because seems like every permanent hire is trying to screw Moshiri in football matters.

When you watch the likes of chelsea, RS, city and Bayern it’s like they’re playing a different sport. We can barely play it out from the back and they can cut teams apart within a couple of passes - watching Bernardo silva’s goal last night - not one of our players could execute that skill. We’ll never reach those heights if we play for another 100 years.

It needs many factors. First, we have to get out of the relegation fight (which is a big possibility with the fixtures coming up) this season - with or without Benitez.

Then, there are many issues need fixing like recruitment policies, scouting process, medical and youth academy. Whoever responsible or appointed has to get those right especially on the recruitment part - we can't be signing 10 expensive players and only 2 worked out. The roles have to clear - the fans may not have to know, but behind the scenes; Moshiri must get it sorted out or get a temporary unbias advisor to find out all the issues and then is easier to get the board to fix them. I say temporary because seems like every permanent hire is trying to screw Moshiri in football matters.
But if we buy 55 expensive players, have 11 work out and loan out the other 44 it could work.

Status
Not open for further replies.