Will Everton ever be a good side again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Define success?

Well. Probably not success but id like to see the club and team at least competitive. Ive recently watch brighton go to liverpool with big a pair of bollox. Palace go to man city with a big pair of bollox.
Everton play both and look utterly abject. Embarrassed is often how i feel to be an Everton fan so many times now.
We've assembled a squad with absolutely no character. And i now think we've brought in a manager with the same.
Everton have zero indentity right now. No direction. No strategy. And to top it off its not being done on the cheap.
So just for starters. Id take being at least competitive.

Well. Probably not success but id like to see the club and team at least competitive. Ive recently watch brighton go to liverpool with big a pair of bollox. Palace go to man city with a big pair of bollox.
Everton play both and look utterly abject. Embarrassed is often how i feel to be an Everton fan so many times now.
We've assembled a squad with absolutely no character. And i now think we've brought in a manager with the same.
Everton have zero indentity right now. No direction. No strategy. And to top it off its not being done on the cheap.
So just for starters. Id take being at least competitive.
thats genuinely all I expect from an Everton side .

Can't see why not. We were close to being a very good side with Martinez for a while and, who knows, if he hadn't been so bloody minded in his inability to adapt he might have been the one.

I think we also need to sign players because we need them for a particular position. It's nuts that we haven't signed anyone to replace Coleman who, unfortunately, seems to be rapidly declining, but this should have been looked at when he got injured for Ireland which is years ago now. We clearly haven't got the nouse to buy players as an investment to sell on as some clubs appear able to do so we might as well bin that idea and get what we can to do a job for us when we're allowed to again.

I think it'll be a while until we're able to compete with the moneyed sides on a regular basis but a solid top half position through a season shouldn't be too much to ask for. I'm fed up of being half a dozen games into a season checking the results of the Super League Six thinking we can get in their midst again and by the time we've played 13 or 14 I'm hoping Newcastle and Norwich draw against each other to keep them away from us.

Since we lost won the league how many times have we come to looking like a side in a title race ? Not once

We’ve had chances in cups since 95 mostly in the fa cup around 2009, 2012 and 2013.

The Uefa cup in 2008.

It’s pathetic, the club just wants to be a miserable ( I was typing mid table but auto correct suggested miserable so who I am I to argue) club who doesn’t win a bean and collect premier league money. We’ve no plan in place. We just hope for the best and go from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.