Transfer Rumour Wilifred Zaha - January Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both William Hill & Ladbrokes were refusing bets on Zaha to Everton yesterday over "strong rumours" that a move was imminent in which the traders wouldnt accept bets.

Dont know if that has changed since like but still interesting.

Honest question is it not down to how many bets put on, like if 100s of people put the bet on the algorithm has a kill switch so they don't loose a load of money? Hence could just be rumor hype.

I honestly don't understand the Iwobi-hate.
He had a disappointing season, but showed a lot of promise when engaged centrally in the field.
Drives the ball well, were one of the most progressive passers of the ball a year ago or so iirc in Europe.
And he is young and works like a horse ! He doesnt have to be first choice, but by the sound of it, he seems to be Preki!
Not his fault we paid 27 mill + addons.
There are better players out there, but why drive a decent prospect out after 1 season?

Finally, stats lie and all that, but still impressive in this Arsenal team:

He is probably not a bad player really but its hard to argue against his Everton career thus far being incredibly disappointing.

Who are these people?! lol lol

Love how they claim to know what we’re going to offer Palace.

Weve seen similar with most deals. Kean was going to be 40m. Rodriguez 25m. Allan 30m. Doucoure 35m. All came in substantially less.

If we buy Zaha I think we pay around 25m down and some add ons/maybe the odd player thrown in.

It's strange really, as I'd rather lose Walcott than Bolasie, so hopefully we can do that.

Both William Hill & Ladbrokes were refusing bets on Zaha to Everton yesterday over "strong rumours" that a move was imminent in which the traders wouldnt accept bets.

Dont know if that has changed since like but still interesting.
It was off yesterday but willy hill have put it back up now, We're 11/10 and PSG next at 9/2.

He most certainly does not work like a horse, craps out of every challenge and tackle.
Well, is that actually true? I am not a big fan, by all means, I just think he is actually more tolerable than MANY other players?
Not a stat expert, but seems to be winning half his ground duels, so crapping out seems a bit harsh?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200909-225011_SofaScore.jpg
    Screenshot_20200909-225011_SofaScore.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 105
They look at Twitter & GoT as well then..lol

I said the other day, when Doucoure went to 8-1 on and Allan was 20-1 on that showed they were very likely to me. 6-4 is not really indicative of a likely move to me. Theres a lot of speculation but still seems very open.

There seems to be 3 options for Everton, Bailey, Lozano or Zaha, and I would imagine 2 are cover for the 3rd.

Weve seen similar with most deals. Kean was going to be 40m. Rodriguez 25m. Allan 30m. Doucoure 35m. All came in substantially less.

If we buy Zaha I think we pay around 25m down and some add ons/maybe the odd player thrown in.

It's strange really, as I'd rather lose Walcott than Bolasie, so hopefully we can do that.
Just wondering how bad this can get now. How many odd players have you actually got?

I’m not convinced there will even be a bid but wait and see I guess.

Well, is that actually true? I am not a big fan, by all means, I just think he is actually more tolerable than MANY other players?
Not a stat expert, but seems to be winning half his ground duels, so crapping out seems a bit harsh?
Looks okay on paper but if he is not even contesting the duels he thinks are risky then stats can be skewed. I am willing to give him another season but if a bid comes in now id take it.

He is probably not a bad player really but its hard to argue against his Everton career thus far being incredibly disappointing.
Disappointing, leaving a lot to be desired, agreed!
Incredibly? Not in my opinion. But then I might not have had that high expectations to begin with?

Anyway, my opinion of him is that he could be in the matchday squad of any team up to around 4th.
So I guess I am not his biggest fan, just arguing there is something there, and we have sooooo many others to ship first.
For me, he can stay in the matchday squad for the next 2 years, no problem. (but yes, he did cost 10m too much)

Just wondering how bad this can get now. How many odd players have you actually got?

Haha fair point.

I think swap deals a very hard, so more likely to be add ons. There are some players whod do well under Hodgson though. Kenny & Davies being too. Theres an easy link to Bolasie and perhaps even Walcott might do ok.

I mean it may just be one of those players as beyond that it gets more complicated. Theres been a fair bit of business done between both teams though.

I have no idea what the chances are. Unless Palace have had quite a big turnaround in Zaha it looks hard to do.

Looks okay on paper but if he is not even contesting the duels he thinks are risky then stats can be skewed. I am willing to give him another season but if a bid comes in now id take it.
Money back-bid, agreed! Just contesting the scape-goat stamp I feel he gets in every thread.
Only 24, has very high max potential, but will never be all-that, and agreed: often disappointing (as the rest.....)

Money back-bid, agreed! Just contesting the scape-goat stamp I feel he gets in every thread.
Only 24, has very high max potential, but will never be all-that, and agreed: often disappointing (as the rest.....)
Yea I think it's because people know we would get a fee with him, as appose to some of the other deadbeats who are old and worthless.

He’s so jealous of us spending loads, unlike his club. Remember Levy wants back every penny he spends on transfers, which is why they don’t/can’t buy anyone.

True, Spurs are quite skint and Everton would also be if it wasn't for the money laundering and if you were to be really honest with yourself, Everton are spending all this money to just try and get to the level where Spurs are now, (regular Champions League and Europa league.)
If you have it, nothing at all wrong with spending it as not only does it lift the whole club and the standard of football but as seen on by the newly found happiness on this forum over the last couple of days, it brings happiness to the supporters.
And yet again, i think Zaha would be a fantastic signing.

P.S. Jealous? Nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.