Transfer Rumour Wilifred Zaha - January Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Lamptey aswell at Brighton

Seem to be a few cracking young players about this season

That Lamptey played against Arsenal for Chelsea last year at the Emirates and had an absolutely blinder.

Was really shocked to see, less than a month later, he was on his way to Brighton. He'll be a real star. £3m i think he was. Madness.

This is why i get shocked at us going for "proven" players.

Nkounkou, Lamptey etc... are littered all over, you just have to get touch lucky.

I thought the lad had a lot of positives but he was very raw. I'm not sure he'd have got a lot of game time for us. Who would he start ahead of? Richarlison? James? £20m for a back up is a big risk, look at the Kean situation.

I just think you develop him and keep going. Zaha gets in? I am not doubting Zaha is a talented player, I just think he's extremely erratic.

There's no reason why you wouldn't have Eze, we need a winger, so why not develop him and Gordon, and make them main stays. Likewise, I'm surprised that Gordon doesn't get in the team ahead of Iwobi.

I just think you develop him and keep going. Zaha gets in? I am not doubting Zaha is a talented player, I just think he's extremely erratic.

There's no reason why you wouldn't have Eze, we need a winger, so why not develop him and Gordon, and make them main stays. Likewise, I'm surprised that Gordon doesn't get in the team ahead of Iwobi.
Awaits Eze thread.:mad:

Didn’t interest me today. And last season - 4 goals in 38 is dreadful for a supposed top forward player.

Tactically we stopped Palace playing to his strengths, though. Forced him deep from the front line and left him no room to run in behind.

The lad is a quality player who would 100% improve us. But for any wide forward to be an option we need to shift some players.

He's a good player. Coleman just had the better of him today.

There are certain days where Coleman is rock solid defensively and today was one. Days like today where he is focused on stopping an opponent rather than creating tend to be his better days. Although he did get an assist too of course.... but you get my drift.

I like the lad and I absolutely wouldn't have been against signing him or players like him but with a limited budget I think we should be looking at positions where we have fewer quality players (RB and CB, for example). I worry about Gordon too, why on earth is Iwobi getting minutes today whilst Gordon can't even make the bench.

I like the lad and I absolutely wouldn't have been against signing him or players like him but with a limited budget I think we should be looking at positions where we have fewer quality players (RB and CB, for example). I worry about Gordon too, why on earth is Iwobi getting minutes today whilst Gordon can't even make the bench.

Oh for me, it’s more a case that if we were in a position to go for Zaha, and we’re talking £40m, I’d rather take a punt on some big upside players who will get game time over the season.

I’m really surprised at lack of Gordon, unless it’s a case that he really is just using rotation whilst we have theee midweek cup games on the bounce?

Oh for me, it’s more a case that if we were in a position to go for Zaha, and we’re talking £40m, I’d rather take a punt on some big upside players who will get game time over the season.

I’m really surprised at lack of Gordon, unless it’s a case that he really is just using rotation whilst we have theee midweek cup games on the bounce?
I don't want us to sign Zaha, don't get me wrong! I'd just rather sign a couple of defenders than up and coming wingers (especially for 8 figures).

Gordon isn't even getting starts against Fleetwood, I'm not sure what's going on there.

10 - 15m? I don't know where to start with that tbh.
Lot more realistic than £40m.

Do you honestly think he's worth that money?

He's scored 14 goals in the last 2 PL seasons, playing 38 and 34 games. Some fag packet maths (assuming he played 90mins each game) tells us that he scores every 460 odd minutes.

He's set just 8 goals up in that same number of games. Using the same fag packet maths, you get a goal every 810 minutes.

He has as many yellow cards in the last 2 seasons as he does goals.

Pathetic numbers. Utterly pathetic. But yeah let's get a 40m bid in ey...

Status
Not open for further replies.