Transfer Rumour Wilifred Zaha - January Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was a very good player. Tenacious in the midfield and a tidy passer. Always felt he had the ability to be a little more adventurous.

What a shame about his injury. How unlucky have we been with injuries over the past years? McCarthy, Bolasie, Barkley and Coleman all having serious ones that set them backwards. Gbamin and Gomes could potentially be goosed as well.

yep, we seem to get more than our fair share of long term bad injuries. You can go back even further to Yakubu or even further with Danny Williamson and Slaven Bilic,

@Alan Whittle are you an Everton fan as well as Palace?
My youngest son chose to be an Evertonian and in order to be fair to him and his elder brother (Palace fan) I took him to watch Everton many times home and away during the time he was growing up. We probably saw Everton about 100 times between 95 & 19 So they grew to be my second team really, such that I hope they win every game they play, except when they play us of course.

yep, we seem to get more than our fair share of long term bad injuries. You can go back even further to Yakubu or even further with Danny Williamson and Slaven Bilic,
Or further to Paul Bracewell, Derek Mountfield, Adrian Heath... but every team gets them too

My youngest son chose to be an Evertonian and in order to be fair to him and his elder brother (Palace fan) I took him to watch Everton many times home and away during the time he was growing up. We probably saw Everton about 100 times between 95 & 19 So they grew to be my second team really, such that I hope they win every game they play, except when they play us of course.
You’d love Iwobi then, if the people closest to you have got equally bad decision making

You’d love Iwobi then, if the people closest to you have got equally bad decision making
It wasn’t quite as simple as that. He was about five when he decided he liked football and wanted to support a team that played in blue. All fine aside from his original choice, Chelsea, was unacceptable for any number of reasons. I pointed out that many good teams played in blue. “Who?” he demanded.
“Well...er..Everton” I said, thinking on my feet. He then pointed at his chest and said “I support Everton”, and strode off.
He took the opportunity to remind me of that encounter (I thought he’d forgotten) as we left Wembley after the 09 Cup Final.

It wasn’t quite as simple as that. He was about five when he decided he liked football and wanted to support a team that played in blue. All fine aside from his original choice, Chelsea, was unacceptable for any number of reasons. I pointed out that many good teams played in blue. “Who?” he demanded.
“Well...er..Everton” I said, thinking on my feet. He then pointed at his chest and said “I support Everton”, and strode off.
He took the opportunity to remind me of that encounter (I thought he’d forgotten) as we left Wembley after the 09 Cup Final.
How is your relationship, does he detest you?

I don’t think anyone doubts that Everton are a bigger club. Even in our current run in the top flight (8 seasons, our longest ever by a long way) we have finished ahead of you only once. I just cannot fathom why we would be expected to take players that are continually and completely slated on here game after game. There is no logic to it and yet often posts are made in such a way that these players would improve us.
The question I would ask is how, after the loss of Zaha would any of Tosun, Iwobi, Walcott, Sigurdson or any of the others mentioned periodically improve us?
Where yes , some of the players that have been mentioned are terrible, others not so much for palace.

It's clear that hodgsons job at your club isn't to rip up trees and just keep you in the league. Hence why the free transfers constantly rather than spending any real money is favoured. Hodgson himself isn't exactly a long term manager for you given his age.

So , and I don't mean this in a negative way, you need to know your position in the league. It's just to finish midtable and the likes of tosun would certainly be good midtable signings. I would say only siggurdson would be a bad player for you but the rest would be good enough to match the clubs ambition. I think you know as well there is no ambition for Europe at palace so the status quo is just to be maintained.

Same as us , we are midtable so we have spent money to change that now under Carlos. Lucky for us we have his pull to bring these to the club, otherwise we could only dream of them wanting to play for us.

What you have to consider is that many players get slated on here as a matter of routine. I remember after the restart Walcott being praised a lot after a win we had but then later on he was suddenly terrible again! It's the Everton way, we boo and grumble them anyway even if they are boss.

I mean few fans on here call lukaku average and even said his goals didn't matter, all 25 of them because we were winning anyway.

Excellent story mate. How does it go again...? 'Evertonians are born, not manufactured' lol :blush:

Think people are getting ahead of ourselves because we made a few decent signings. James aside, he would easily be our best wide player should he come in. If we could get rid of a few then yes but I don't see us making another big money purchase at the moment

This ^^^

We've improved the centre of the park and that is it.

CB, RB, GK, wide areas and up top we could still massively improve on.

It’s fitting, that like most of us on here, he has his arl fella to blame for being a blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.