Transfer Rumour Wilifred Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was always going to get the reaction from leeds saying they want to keep him ect. Has been rumours we have been in talks most of this window. I rate the lad eoule be a great option to this team

All fun and games till hes liking Spurs and Chelsea posts after 6months.
Not a great look on the way through the door, is it? Especially given there’s apparently an impasse.

Still, Leeds will have turned a good profit and there is a deal here to satisfy everyone.

If the choice is between him being rubbish (or not signing at all) and him flirting with the top clubs towards the end of the season after he’s turned it on regularly for us, I’d take the latter.

Much like Danjuma, we’re now going in to this with our eyes open r.e. the kind of player we’re after.

Not a great look on the way through the door, is it? Especially given there’s apparently an impasse.

Still, Leeds will have turned a good profit and there is a deal here to satisfy everyone.

If the choice is between him being rubbish (or not signing at all) and him flirting with the top clubs towards the end of the season after he’s turned it on regularly for us, I’d take the latter.

Much like Danjuma, we’re now going in to this with our eyes open r.e. the kind of player we’re after.
Honestly, if he knows a premier league team is very interested, he’s premier league quality, we’re offering a fair price but his championship level club isn’t accepting it I don’t have a problem with him being upset to the level he pushes a few buttons on social media… it’s not like he’s giving interviews or really kicking up a fuss

Honestly, if he knows a premier league team is very interested, he’s premier league quality, we’re offering a fair price but his championship level club isn’t accepting it I don’t have a problem with him being upset to the level he pushes a few buttons on social media… it’s not like he’s giving interviews or really kicking up a fuss
The social media stuff is absolutely fine.

The “making himself unavailable for selection,” stuff is a bit rougher.

But given where we are, and the lack of alternatives presenting themselves, I’ll go with it.

But given where we are, and the lack of alternatives presenting themselves, I’ll go with it.
My mistake, hadn’t seen that part

I think if he was saying he doesn’t want to be cup tied I can see that being ok but not saying he’s not available for selection full stop, that’s a bit rubbish

I love it when opposition players start liking our stuff on social media, properly gets everyone excited. All we need now is a current Everton player to publicly comment on one of his posts...
Reminds me of the James saga.

Those were the days...

Screenshot_20230810-140327.png

I always take those stories with a pinch of salt. I remember when Gary Speed was with us, there was a story that he refused to play for us because he wanted to go to Newcastle. The truth came out years later that Everton needed to sell him, but leaked that story to the media so it looked like Gary forced the move. Gary never said anything at the time because he was an everton fan and didnt want to drag the club down.

With Gnonto it could well be that Leeds are trying to get his move done so they can bring in their own replacements.

Status
Not open for further replies.