Why Leicester and not Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Koeman's side had zero going for it and no future hence why his side was quickly binned off and Fireman Sam came in to the rescue. It played some shocking football because we assembled individuals rather than a team.

These are better than that as they actually look like a team with options as shown last season and in spells this season. The problem is what is the manager doing to get the best out of them?

As for being losers...if you're doing the same thing week in week out, conceding the same type of goals, and not scoring enough players are gonna lose faith. Something Leicester did with Ranieri
Well lets put it this way: if we got rid of Silva this lot wouldn't get us top 10, never mind 7th.

They look to me like they have no heart whatsoever.

It's like plaiting sawdust asking any manager to make do and mend with Brands' appalling signings. They are mentally weak.

Well lets put it this way: if we got rid of Silva this lot wouldn't get us top 10, never mind 7th.

It's like plaiting sawdust asking any manager to make do and mend with Brands' appalling signings. They are mentally weak.

Delusional, mate. This is not that awful of a squad. Decent manager could easily reach us top 6. Too late now though. Top 8 still possible if appointed before November.

Any decent manager will get 7th with this squad.

Persist with 4-2-3-1, rubbish at defending and throw everyone up top when chasing a win just ain’t working.

Far better manager, far better owners and their transfer policy is to buy young players who have already proven themselves to be rather talented so aren’t a huge risk whilst also not overpaying for the privilege.

They absolutely deserve to be where they are and you can expect a lot of these clubs to overtake Everton who are still happy to spray huge money on average players, appoint managers who should be nowhere near our team and make the same mistakes year after year
Not just that clubs like Wolves, Palace even Sheffield United look better than us. I can't imagine us thrashing anybody away from home like they did, also Palace have managed to beat United away from home and come back from 2-0 against Arsenal away from home. Palace have also beat Liverpool away from home 3 times, they've beat Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and City away from home as well. Leicester and even Wolves look far superior to us, which is frankly ridiculous considering the amount we've spent. Both of them outplayed us at home as well last season, which a lot of fans forget. Honestly our fans are far too tolerant and loyal, I don't expect much, but I would of thought they could of found a proven goalscorer at this level in 1 summer, 2 and a half years later we have a championship striker and a young lad unproven in British football. Honestly we've become like the football equivalent of somebody off love island or a z list rapper, we're desperately trying to seem relevant when we're not.

His always shipped in loads of goals wherever he has been.
This is nothing new. He pushes too many forward and leaves us exposed at the back.
He gives the opposition easy tactics, sit back and wait for the counter and try and get set pieces.

People only like him because they have never seen us attack in numbers for a few decades.

I don't agree with that Dave , it does however suit your argument that Silva is blameless and Brands is to blame for everything.
I do agree that we do lack a dominant leader like Keane or Gerrard, but I look at City or even Liverpool and it looks more like an overall team effort rather than a couple of dominant leaders driving the others.

The buck stops with the manager, unfortunately for him, I don't believe that he has it in him to develop a team that can win consistently over a long period of time.

I would love if he could be left as head coach working with/under an experienced manager like Wenger/Benitez or Mourinho for a couple of seasons where he might learn what is needed to build a team than can both defend and attack.

Everton have been in panic mode since they sacked Roberto. At least when Roberto was here, he had a plan. But with each subsequent manager, plans have changed, new players brought in, old players have left, they've gone from Koeman to Allardyce to Marco Silva. Other teams have had consistent development, but Everton have continually chased the short term solution and had to start over each time. Made worse by many of Steve Walsh's signings, that beg the question whether he was actually competent at his job? It just feels like Everton couldn't get the targets they want, and made panic buys. Who spends 24m on a player like Davy Klaassen and then barely gets a game. He's not the only one. Like either they were ready to swindle Moshiri's money because he was a new fish, or there's money under the table for these deals to go through.

Leicester on the other hand seems like they've been making sensible decisions with their team. You know they must have something decent going on, if players like Vardy end up staying and not leave at the first sign of success.
I've said this to other people, if Moyes had more money to buy a better striker than we would of probably finished in the top 4 more than once. We finished 5th and got to the FA cup final, when at once stage all our strikers were injured. If Jags, Arteta, Yakubu, and other players been available in the final we might have won. Martinez for all his undoubted flaws, brought in Lukaku, Deulofeu, and have Stones and Barkley chances in the team, he was highly unlucky not to get us into the champions league. If we taken our chances in games against teams like West Brom and Cardiff early in that season and hadn't conceded that last minute goal to Chelsea we would of got into the top 4. Also, while our performances were poor in the league in his last season, we still got to 2 semi finals, had Lukaku scored his penalty and City not got a spangly goal, plus a goal where the ball was out of play we'd of been in the final. Like Moyes he wasn't given the resources that Koemann and Marco Silva have been given. Also even in his final season, with the exception of getting thrashed by Liverpool and losing to Sunderland when they players had given up, we were mostly able to get results away from home. Losing 4 out of your 5 away games to Villa, Brighton, Burnley and Bournmouth is just disgraceful.

Delusional, mate. This is not that awful of a squad. Decent manager could easily reach us top 6. Too late now though. Top 8 still possible if appointed before November.
There's no blend there. He's bought a load of strikers that do the same thing and he's left us open at thre back selling our best DM and not replacing a CB.

That leads to the results we've seen.

He's got this all wrong. I realise the Brands cult wont give in on that like. But they need to wake up and see that the underlying our poor form is a summer of catastrophic Koemageddon proportions.

The weak links this season, have been Pickford, Keane and Schneiderlin, wonder who bought them !

Persist with 4-2-3-1, rubbish at defending and throw everyone up top when chasing a win just ain’t working.

I'm not actually sure that's true anymore. Regardless of how much we've actually spent on players, I suspect many of them just aren't very good.

It's either that or I've been blinded by seriously inept management for years now.

You and others are kidding yourselves. This first team squad is bottom half material. They aren't as good a quality as many feel they are AND they have no mental strength.

I don't agree with that Dave , it does however suit your argument that Silva is blameless and Brands is to blame for everything.
I do agree that we do lack a dominant leader like Keane or Gerrard, but I look at City or even Liverpool and it looks more like an overall team effort rather than a couple of dominant leaders driving the others.

The buck stops with the manager, unfortunately for him, I don't believe that he has it in him to develop a team that can win consistently over a long period of time.

I would love if he could be left as head coach working with/under an experienced manager like Wenger/Benitez or Mourinho for a couple of seasons where he might learn what is needed to build a team than can both defend and attack.
The buck doesn't stop with the manager in any set up where there's a DoF buying players. There has to be at least recognition that Bramnds has ballsed last summer up. The ex Dutch player Klieft nailed Brands on Friday. He's going to cost Silva his job because he (Brands) got this all wrong.

Not just that clubs like Wolves, Palace even Sheffield United look better than us. I can't imagine us thrashing anybody away from home like they did, also Palace have managed to beat United away from home and come back from 2-0 against Arsenal away from home. Palace have also beat Liverpool away from home 3 times, they've beat Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and City away from home as well. Leicester and even Wolves look far superior to us, which is frankly ridiculous considering the amount we've spent. Both of them outplayed us at home as well last season, which a lot of fans forget. Honestly our fans are far too tolerant and loyal, I don't expect much, but I would of thought they could of found a proven goalscorer at this level in 1 summer, 2 and a half years later we have a championship striker and a young lad unproven in British football. Honestly we've become like the football equivalent of somebody off love island or a z list rapper, we're desperately trying to seem relevant when we're not.

I'm not sure you've really thought this through mate.

Because no one at our club has a coherent solid plan to move the club forward. The Iranian Del boy hasn't got a clue and is allowing the club to just coast along.

As much as we hate the RS they have put a system in place at the club that has built success.

The whole club needs clearing out from top to bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.