Why do everton continue to lose away to certain teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the PL started at least maybe even earlier we've gone to the top teams and tried not to lose, that's how we've always set up playing for a draw. Yesterday was the first time in a long time that I feel we had a good go at a big team, and a combination of their Keeper playing well and DCL missing chances kept us from winning. Arsenal were not the better team yesterday.

I just don't see how it can be. I'm not being funny here, I just don't see how that makes any sense as an explanation. A mental block that affects us even though all the players have changed, all the staff, even the owner. It doesn't add up.

Well nothing else can explain why we in particular seem to be the only club in the whole league that has gone decades without winning at any of these grounds.

I've ran through those games on a statistical and anolytic basis coupled with an 'opta performance' of each player involved in those games. After hours of study, my conclusion is that we have been Shytte.

Well nothing else can explain why we in particular seem to be the only club in the whole league that has gone decades without winning at any of these grounds.
Only when you look at it as a whole though. If you look at each game individually you can totally understand why we haven't won, because invariably the opposition is better than us. It does seem bizarre that we haven't won any of the games - you'd think just the law of averages would say we'd do it once - but I just don't see how the club itself can have a mental block, which is effectively what we're saying. It doesn't make sense, the club isn't a thing in that sense, only the players and managers can have a mental block, and they've all changed a hundred times over without the results changing.

Only when you look at it as a whole though. If you look at each game individually you can totally understand why we haven't won, because invariably the opposition is better than us. It does seem bizarre that we haven't won any of the games - you'd think just the law of averages would say we'd do it once - but I just don't see how the club itself can have a mental block, which is effectively what we're saying. It doesn't make sense, the club isn't a thing in that sense, only the players and managers can have a mental block, and they've all changed a hundred times over without the results changing.

I don’t know either, I can’t explain it. It’s just absolutely bizarre.

As fans we expect to challenge at these grounds much as like, wrongly, we expect to batter any non top 6 side. There is pressure on our players to get results at every ground every game.

As fans we are stuck in limbo we are neither one of the current trophy chasing group and neither are we a yoyo club.

We definitely have our own status, whereby fans think we are better than we are and the players can't handle the pressure of a very vocal sometimes toxic crowd they wilt under the pressure that we put on them with our desperation to become relevant once more.

As fans we expect to challenge at these grounds much as like, wrongly, we expect to batter any non top 6 side. There is pressure on our players to get results at every ground every game.

As fans we are stuck in limbo we are neither one of the current trophy chasing group and neither are we a yoyo club.

We definitely have our own status, whereby fans think we are better than we are and the players can't handle the pressure of a very vocal sometimes toxic crowd they wilt under the pressure that we put on them with our desperation to become relevant once more.

Can’t really blame the crowd for us not winning away games.

Can’t really blame the crowd for us not winning away games.

I'm not blaming the crowd per se, I'm saying that there is a constant desperation for us to be relevant again and that pressure transmits to the players. We need a trophy and soon to lift the doom and gloom because as a fan base we really are desperate for something.

I'm not blaming the crowd per se, I'm saying that there is a constant desperation for us to be relevant again and that pressure transmits to the players. We need a trophy and soon to lift the doom and gloom because as a fan base we really are desperate for something.

I actually think just getting this particular monkey off our back would lift the fanbase as a whole. A win at Chelsea or something and then we have something to cling onto, something that is tangible evidence of things changing. Until we sort out this away record there is absolutely no chance of us winning a trophy.

It's an appalling record. A win away against any of these sides would be a huge indicator of progress under Ancelotti/Brands/Moshiri. But won't hold my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.