Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just weird to me, it's just a different type of 'jobs for the boys' you're advocating there, a couple of ex Everton players in and a couple of the manager's mates in. It's hardly a brave new strategy. Also if Carsley gives up a job as the England under 21 manager to be our under 23 manager i'd have serious questions about his motivation.

Having someone like John Terry around the club on a daily basis would be a massive win for Everton. If ‘jobs for the boys’ is integrating one of the best premier league defenders of all time then I’m all for it,

Lampard having contacts of that standard is a positive, not a negative. Can’t imagine the lads learned a lot from Luis Boa Morte

Having someone like John Terry around the club on a daily basis would be a massive win for Everton. If ‘jobs for the boys’ is integrating one of the best premier league defenders of all time then I’m all for it,

Lampard having contacts of that standard is a positive, not a negative. Can’t imagine the lads learned a lot from Luis Boa Morte
If he’s a good coach it could help them, if he’s not it won’t. You don’t just magically get better by standing near a good player, they have to actually be good at the job you’re asking them to do.

I’m not saying terry coming in would be bad, just that if he is brought in I hope it’s because he’s seen as a top coach, not because he’s the managers mate or ‘a winner’ otherwise it’s no different to having our own ex players on the staff. Terry also wasn’t the only name mentioned.

Alan Myers saying no decision today and announcement probably Sunday. Just in time for the transfer window to shut

Its ok Moshri is taking care of that. Benteke is coming in for £35m. To be supplied with crosses from his other signing £30m iwobi.
Knows his onions does his Farhad.

That's just weird to me, it's just a different type of 'jobs for the boys' you're advocating there, a couple of ex Everton players in and a couple of the manager's mates in. It's hardly a brave new strategy. Also if Carsley gives up a job as the England under 21 manager to be our under 23 manager i'd have serious questions about his motivation.
Jody Morris has been Lampard's #2 in both of his two managerial jobs thus far; think if Lampard comes in he is a given.
John Terry is more speculative, the word from Villa was that he was a token assistant and didn't offer much there.

Carsley may desire the day-to-day coaching element that a club job brings. Coaches enjoy coaching every day, not for a week four or five times a season.

Jody Morris has been Lampard's #2 in both of his two managerial jobs thus far; think if Lampard comes in he is a given.
John Terry is more speculative, the word from Villa was that he was a token assistant and didn't offer much there.

Carsley may desire the day-to-day coaching element that a club job brings. Coaches enjoy coaching every day, not for a week four or five times a season.
I find the Carsley links a bit odd considering the situation with his kid. I'd have thought his current set up would be ideal for him.

When lampard, or whoever it is takes over, will duncan remain as number 2? My feeling is that he'll move on after being passed over yet again for the top job. If he had any pride he would walk away rather than being a glorified cone layer again.

Whoever it is, I hope they don't go on about how just instilling confidence into the players is all we need to do.

This cowardly gang has got 5 managers the boot now, essentially downing tools on more than one occasion. Even with no pressure from the fans, they were an utter disgrace last season at home, and they've been a disgrace again this campaign.

It's not about confidence. The players are applauded onto the field for every single game. It's about getting the tactics right and, more importantly, picking the right players and not blindly sticking with those who have let the team down time after time.

Any new manager has to bin off Keane and Iwobi for good, as any involvement they have in a game is almost always to our detriment. Holgate I'm not sure if he's beyond saving at this point. He's not a youngster any more (26 this year) and has gone backwards significantly. Davies also must be told he has no future here, along with all of Gbamin, Gomes, Coleman and Rondon.

Thankfully we say goodbye to Delph, Sigurdsson, Kenny and Tosun this summer, so no need to discuss them.

I'd like to see Branthwaite, Godfrey and Mina battle it out to start in defence, and get Patterson in right away.

Unfortunately, though, I can see any new manager sticking with the 'reliable' Coleman due to his fake leadership qualities, and probably giving yet another chance to those players I've said we should be telling to koff.

Yeah my point wasn’t so much about who’s likely to come in, more a comment on the ‘we need to get rid of the jobs for boys’ attitude many have. There’s nothing wrong with that sentiment, but it needs to be applied consistently. An ex player that you like isn’t necessarily better than an ex player that you don’t, and a bloke the manager knows isn’t necessarily better than any of them. Either you appoint the best candidate for each job regardless of what their connections are or you don’t.

Some coaches like working daily with players, not all of them do. Carsley has worked his way to the top in under age football, it feels like taking our under 23 job would be a step down. A senior coaching role would be different but the under 23 one would seem a strange move to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.