Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kovac would be my choice.
After yesterday I think you maybe right.
However my concern is that the problem of getting to grip with serious playing issues may be too much for anyone to address in the timeframe when they are arriving from the outside.
Essentially he will have to contend with a seriously rotten structure which has been dealt a malevolent and destructive kick by the previous incumbent and is probably irreparable.

When I have a look back we never had manage that knows how to win, manager that has experience ti run the club, since we got multimillionaire as a owner all are appointing were managers that may show something good as they had a good season with their previous clubs
Martinez- he won FA cup with Wigan
Koeman - good spill with Southampton
Silva - never understood how and based of what we chose him

then we had managers as Big Sam to get us out from trouble

Carlo - first manager that we appointed that actually have a great winning history behind and I am sure if he stayed we would progress

Rafael - dinosaurs, last 15 years he was nowhere and he got a jog

I am pretty sure that Brands wanted last summer to go ahead with Potter but bringing Rafael without his knowledge was for him end of the road even I think he pair well with Carlo, when he came Silva was already appointed so nothing he could do at that stage

from all this people only Carlo was manager that I had trust and the fact that he left which I don’t blame him was really huge disappointment for me

now , here we go again , look into the names …
WR- no winning experience but ones was a great player
FL- same no winning experience but ones was a great player
DF - so many years as assistant, I would give him a chance but not sure if he has enough to do anything more that save us from relegation
Canavaro - no comment
JM - dinosaurs as Rafael
Potter - great potential but again never won anything
Kovac - won trophies with two clubs in Germany ( league and clubs ) , won trophies in France , he has national team experience ( world cup with Croatian team in Brazil )

we need manager who knows how to get us to something, to build the team, build the club play modern football, football that we love to see with a lot to high pressure, intensity, old Everton football , that have experience of playing in EL and CL , manager that he is not afraid of promoting and developing youth players and most important managers that he is not insisting on crazy names star which mean someone who knows the market

I only see two of them in that pull , Potter and Kovac , one will not leave now his club and second one is probably last on the list or not even consider

truly surprised to see Kovac so much ahead on that pull

Not sold on Lampard but do think he has well thought of coaching staff - or he did at Chelsea. That Anthony Barry has Everton links too I think although think he stayed on with riches? Is Jody Morris his assistant?

Not sure who Rooney would bring with him? Rosenior? Keep Ferguson?

Do you want to be relegated? That performance showed today he not up for it. Why would you want to give it to a man who doesn’t want it and way out his comfort zone

Doesn't make sense appointing a mediocre manager just for half a season when we'll only want a better calibre come the summer.

And dont listen to the guff Marius spouts - the fella who has me on "egnore" yet comments and responds to my every post the lying little so and so! ?

Mourinho or maybe Kovac but I doubt either would touch us given the quality of the squad and the incompetence of the owners.

We’ll therefore end up rolling the dice on a Lampard or Rooney type and hope that this useless squad can rouse themselves for a few games to get the points needed.

Mourinho or maybe Kovac but I doubt either would touch us given the quality of the squad and the incompetence of the owners.

We’ll therefore end up rolling the dice on a Lampard or Rooney type and hope that this useless squad can rouse themselves for a few games to get the points needed.

Exactly but why waste more millions on the likes of Rooney when come the summer we'll be wanting someone better?

Give it Dunc until the end of the season and roll the dice. We're on the verge of breaking FFP (certainly after sacking Benitez) and our fans want us appointing someone to only then sack and pay em off in the summer, appoint then another manager all whilst blowing £50+ million on transfers.

Totally irresponsible if the club did that.

I honestly thought Gomes was at least doing that. He can't defend but I don't know why Dunc didn't take Townsend off at HT and put Allan in the middle.

Could still have brought Gordon on after that for Gomes once we'd got a grip in midfield.

I said the same in the match thread. However we did improve and get on top when Gordon and Allan came on in the same formation.

On reflection it was the lack of involvement of Gray (who was disappointing yesterday) and Dom in attack as well as a lack of quality that couldn't get us a step over the line.

The grip in midfield was mainly the first half.

Villa had the same issues also as both sides couldn't pass all game.

Exactly but why waste more millions on the likes of Rooney when come the summer we'll be wanting someone better?

Give it Dunc until the end of the season and roll the dice. We're on the verge of breaking FFP (certainly after sacking Benitez) and our fans want us appointing someone to only then sack and pay em off in the summer, appoint then another manager all whilst blowing £50+ million on transfers.

Totally irresponsible if the club did that.
Dunc will take us down

Status
Not open for further replies.