Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
In China he took over a team who had just been promoted to the top league. They were essentially the worst team in the league. His remit was to keep them up, which he did twice. He was and still is overseeing their academy. He was made an ambassador of the club when he left.
Can you stop going on about your fat lovers remit. He failed here and that’s all that matters. His job probably was to help balance the books with FFP an sort this mess out best he could but his main job was also to get results steady the ship till the Stadium was built. He was a massive failure the results speak for them selfs you might love the fella but he did a terrible job at Everton it’s that simple.

Tbf @catcherintherye called it on day one re Benitez.

Think it's rude to be calling him when he was spot on.

Proved me wrong fair play.

I don't think thats true at all mate, but thanks.

I don't like the guy much, and said a couple of silly things that yourself and others rightly pulled me on, but I thought he would do ok here. I thought he would make us solid and hard to beat. Didn't think it would be spectacular, but would be ok. Unfortunately he didn't manage that, and we looked akin to Martinez in his last season.

Ok lets go through it. They fluked a CL and won an FA Cup. He was there for 6 years not 3. In at least 2 of those he finished below an Everton team that were skint, and left them in a situation where they were threatened with relegation the season after he left. He spent more money than anyone apart from newly acquired Chelsea, to not win a league. United, with far less resources, won the league multiple times.

At Valencia, he took over a side that got to the CL final. They were an exceptional team. He did well there, but they were a top European team before he arrived.

He didn't play expansive football at Chelsea. Ask any Chelsea fan who watched them game in game out. It was dry, boring football. They finished miles off the pace in the league.

Manchester United had Ronaldo, Giggs, Rooney, Scholes, Van Nistelrooy, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Berbatov, Carrick and other top players in those years. They also had the greatest manager off all-time. Even deluded Liverpool fans know that Manchester United were superior during those years.

Chelsea were also off the pace before Rafael Benitez went their and he only had half a season anyway.

Bruce will end up at a championship level club or lower. Rafael will end up in an equivalent Premier league job.

Well you've been telling me he has 3 offers on the table for equivalent clubs in Germany, England and Spain. Would you care to tell me who they are? Who are these teams, who have won 9 domestic leagues approaching him?

Ok. Well you used the context of what he did at Newcastle. Which Steve Bruce emulated. So it wasn't some wonderful job. He spent 200m on mostly dross and didnt really improve them.

Benitez has left a huge mess here, compared to what Mclaren left at Newcastle. He would have to shoulder a lot of the blame if we went down for his ineptitude.

As for Martinez better than Ancelotti, I don't understand that logic. Ancelotti has a better win %, and took over a side in the bottom 3. Martinez took over a side that had finished in the top 6 pretty much every season for the years before.

Martinez finished higher than Ancelotti, your logic not mine.

Manchester United had Ronaldo, Giggs, Rooney, Scholes, Van Nistelrooy, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Berbatov, Carrick and other top players in those years. They also had the greatest manager off all-time. Even deluded Liverpool fans know that Manchester United were superior during those years.

Chelsea were also off the pace before Rafael Benitez went their and he only had half a season anyway.

Yes because they spent money better than Benitez, who wasted his fortunes for the most part on average players. As for Kopites, the sensible ones acknowledge they were in United's shadow. Quite a few felt they were better than United back then, which was quite the laugh. Even they hated Benitez by the end though, and ran him out of the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.