Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not for a full time appointee while the boards under review and we have no DoF (preference would be Dunc till seasons end) but I dont understand at all why Jesse Marsch's name would not be thrown about in the rumor mill. Leipzig went badly sure, but 6 months ago this was one of the brightest and most sought after coaches in Europe, with an excellent development track record at Salzburg. The quickness of his dismissal is what I would think a rare opportunity to fetch someone who was one of the most engaging german style coaches (although american). And his energy on the touch line and brutal honesty (let alone no language barrier) I would think would fit us nicely.

The idea that he wouldn't be preferred over say a Lampard I find laughable.
This.

Do shut up. Everyone accepts that the set up of the club is poor and that our players aren’t great - but that does not mean the manager isn’t also doing a terrible job.

Such a lame, straw man argument as usual with you.

The joy of an Internet forum is I don’t have to

I couldn’t care less that Benitez as a person was fired, I’ve said consistently the manager at the moment is irrelevant to me. I wanted continuity in the position though to try and solve these long term problems The next one will run into exactly the same long term problems, except now less money is available to him and we don’t have this transfer window either.

Now we’re actually having to discuss these long term issues but every discussion is still blighted by arguments against Benitez. Everything is still ‘yes but Benitez made it worse’. He’s gone. He’s irrelevant now. It’s like people still going on about Trump.

Chelsea (W 3-1)
Man United (D 1-1)
Leicester (Cup L Pens)
Arsenal (D 0-0)

Better than the results of both your serrano ham men.
Lets see if he's learnt anything in the last 6 months we all expect him to drop Rondon that's a given but will he take a gamble on the new right back or stay with Coleman , If Mina is fit does he drop Keane or partner them together again, hes lucky for this game that he will have a fully fit squad whos had another week to get over any injuries that may have delayed a start in last weeks game.

1642590242634.png

1642590312443.png

1642590341682.png

CHairman…Kenwright…Blue(best person for the job…NO)
CEO…DBB…Blue(Best Person for the job..NO)
Non something board…Sharpe…Blue
Caretaker manager…Fergy…Blue
Assists…Bains…Blue
Academy head..Unsworth…Blue

Best people for the jobs…No

Anyone see the problem here?

The joy of an Internet forum is I don’t have to

I couldn’t care less that Benitez as a person was fired, I’ve said consistently the manager at the moment is irrelevant to me. I wanted continuity in the position though to try and solve these long term problems The next one will run into exactly the same long term problems, except now less money is available to him and we don’t have this transfer window either.

Now we’re actually having to discuss these long term issues but every discussion is still blighted by arguments against Benitez. Everything is still ‘yes but Benitez made it worse’. He’s gone. He’s irrelevant now. It’s like people still going on about Trump.

You say people aren’t blaming Moshiri, Bill, the players, the structure at the club.. they are! Read the threads about them all on this very forum.

Benitez was doing a demonstrably awful job regardless, and on an Everton forum, in the Benitez thread - that’s likely to be pointed out.

I think its a bit unfair on Dunc to suggest his last 4 game tenure was a failure. We had been on an awful run before he stepped in, so 5 points from 9 vs 3 good sides and a penalty shootout loss to a decent Leicester side (all be it a loss) represented a significant improvement over the form the side had shown the few months prior. I expect he will inject a similar level of enthusiasm and effort this time round, and hope the team gains more confidence and solidarity on the back of that. Certainly I'm much happier with Dunc in control over what we have seen since September.

I see Tony Bellew has weighed in (no pun intended) firmly in favour of Big Dunc. Perhaps we should approach him as 'motivational coach'. Can you imagine...'Keano, Keano! Tony wants a word with you. He said he'd be waiting behind the gym...and you're not to be late!'
There good friends he's bound to back his mate of asked

I am not for a full time appointee while the boards under review and we have no DoF (preference would be Dunc till seasons end) but I dont understand at all why Jesse Marsch's name would not be thrown about in the rumor mill. Leipzig went badly sure, but 6 months ago this was one of the brightest and most sought after coaches in Europe, with an excellent development track record at Salzburg. The quickness of his dismissal is what I would think a rare opportunity to fetch someone who was one of the most engaging german style coaches (although american). And his energy on the touch line and brutal honesty (let alone no language barrier) I would think would fit us nicely.

The idea that he wouldn't be preferred over say a Lampard I find laughable.
German coaches all the rage… Portuguese so last year

We been crap since we signed Keane and Voldemort, both key players both with no pace and added no pace next to them..Add in a past his peak Coleman.
The one thing Benitez did was buy pace, something we been lacking for years.

Where Benitez got it wrong was the fact Gray and Gordon have pace and the ability to carry a ball then put Rondon up front instead of a Dobbin or a Simms. It got to the point that Gordon and Gray would either pass to each other or just shoot
Well tactically Benitez got an awful lot more wrong than that, most obviously that it’s almost pointless having pace out wide if you don’t have anybody who can give them the ball.

‘Voldemort’ is neither playing nor involved with the squad at all as far as I know so he isn’t even part of ‘this group of players’. I can’t stand Michael Keane and have been consistent in that view since about his 4th game for us but blaming him alone for dragging the rest of the squad down into a relegation battle seems a bit unfair even to me.

Isn’t it…Every ex blue has named an Ex blue to be manager.. it was the same before Benitez..was the same before Ancelotti
I wonder if any other club in the prem has so many ex players still involved in one way or the other I know we have a good reputation of looking after ex players but we seem to have gone over board

Status
Not open for further replies.