Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m really struggling to understand why Rooney has more than twice the number of votes that Lampard has.

Rooney has done a far worse job at Derby and has zero PL experience. Lampard had a very good win ratio at Derby and an okay time at Chelsea, probably too soon for him to be given the job when he got it. I’m not saying Lampard is the right option either, but surely Rooney is a huge risk.

If Rooney was some random bloke from Germany with that managerial record nobody would even be considering it.

You do get the situation Rooney has at Derby right?

Lampard took over a playoff team that was in good nick slightly underperforming

Rooney has taken over at a club in liquidation, zero transfers, free and academy players, that if it wasn't for points deductions they'd be 10th in the league by now.

Lampard had it easy, loaned some top Chelsea academy players and failed to get them promoted.

Rooney has a chance to do the impossible and get a club out of relegation after a 21 point deduction. Has them playing better than most sides in the championship. Hard to beat.

They're not unwarranted shouts

….from what I’ve heard.

- No suggestion of a temporary manager, perhaps indicating somebody from outside has been lined up or somebody from inside will get the job on a permanent basis.

- Rooney says he’s concentrating on his job at Derby but makes it known he would find it very difficult to turn Everton down if they came calling.

- Potter has stated he‘s happy at Brighton and is not interested in leaving.

Watch this space but I really don’t get the ‘Dunc to the end of the season’ shouts. We are in the mire, we can’t give this job to somebody on a trial basis. If folk want Ferguson, they should feel convinced in him to have the job permanently. Personally, I’d have him nowhere near it.

From what I've heard, it's going to be Rooney.

I don't think that makes a difference. You telling me Lampard has a better knowledge of the players/situation to get them out? Or any of the names mentioned?

They don't. It's the same risk IMO at this stage of the season.
I’m telling you Lampard and all the names mentioned have more managerial experience, yes.

Any name is a risk. We could hire peak Alex Ferguson and might still end up going down.

But it’s about minimising the risk, imho. And hiring a manager with no managerial experience, seems a massive risk to me.

Especially given the fact he’s been around the squad for the entirety of the worst run of form in our history we’re currently on.

Not sure why Martinez is even under consideration to be honest but if Paul Joyce is reporting it then there's something in it.

I’m telling you Lampard and all the names mentioned have more managerial experience, yes.

Any name is a risk. We could hire peak Alex Ferguson and might still end up going down.

But it’s about minimising the risk, imho. And hiring a manager with no managerial experience, seems a massive risk to me.

Especially given the fact he’s been around the squad for the entirety of the worst run of form in our history we’re currently on.

How much managerial experience did Arteta have taking over Arsenal?

To me, when you're in a situation like we are in now it's about knowing the players and how to get the best out of them to get out of the predicament. Ferguson has that.

You get your lampards etc in now, they're not set up or ready to get a team to fight off a relegation threat. It's why owners look to Big Scam or Hodgeson and the likes cos they need to a job first, not look after their "brand" of football.

Haven't voted, no idea who I want. Not sure it could be much worse than its just been, certainly results wise.

Dunc is a huge gamble.
Rooney and lampard have done OK but are both punts. Would prefer lampard over Rooney if it was between them.
Dont really know anything about Garcia.
Mourinho is a lot like benitez for me. And while he is better than benitez, don't think he would give us the lift we need and don't think he would come.
Martinez rode Moyes defensive coat tails that first season. And really should have led us to new heights with that attack. Would have hoped he has learnt and developed his defensive nous but he went to international management so I doubt it.
Potter would be my choice from that specific list but don't see why he would leave Brighton when they are challenging for Europe.

Is there noone unemployed that lives round the corner?

Saying that, a chair would probably do a better job than what we have just had.

You do get the situation Rooney has at Derby right?

Lampard took over a playoff team that was in good nick slightly underperforming

Rooney has taken over at a club in liquidation, zero transfers, free and academy players, that if it wasn't for points deductions they'd be 10th in the league by now.

Lampard had it easy, loaned some top Chelsea academy players and failed to get them promoted.

Rooney has a chance to do the impossible and get a club out of relegation after a 21 point deduction. Has them playing better than most sides in the championship. Hard to beat.

They're not unwarranted shouts

Rooney has had a harder job than Lampard. I agree. However Derby do have one of the best academies in the UK. Some top youth coming through, better than what we have even have. They have spent quite a bit of money in the last few years, most of said players are still there and most of all they are playing without pressure. Rooney also has the extra knowledge from playing with the side last season. If he had literally joined them in the summer, I think it would be a different story.

I think Rooney will make the jump, or even be forced to, because Derby won't want to pay for his high wages, not to mention they are selling off all his better players.

I think looking at it, it would be a similar situation to here. The only difference is if he comes here he will be treated like a legend by the fans.

Lampard is terrible.

Haven't voted, no idea who I want. Not sure it could be much worse than its just been, certainly results wise.

Dunc is a huge gamble.
Rooney and lampard have done OK but are both punts. Would prefer lampard over Rooney if it was between them.
Dont really know anything about Garcia.
Mourinho is a lot like benitez for me. And while he is better than benitez, don't think he would give us the lift we need and don't think he would come.
Martinez rode Moyes defensive coat tails that first season. And really should have led us to new heights with that attack. Would have hoped he has learnt and developed his defensive nous but he went to international management so I doubt it.
Potter would be my choice from that specific list but don't see why he would leave Brighton when they are challenging for Europe.

Is there noone unemployed that lives round the corner?

Saying that, a chair would probably do a better job than what we have just had.
I'm just round the corner but am otherwise gainfully employed so am unavailable.

Status
Not open for further replies.