Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it always the same 4 or 5 chumps on our list ?....big world out there ,fresh blood new ideas ..same players mind you ?
...reminds me of Weak Become Heroes

It's dark all round,
I walk round same sights, same sounds,
... new beats though

Solid concrete under my feet
No surprises, no treats,
the world stands still
As my mind sloshes round,
the washin' up bowl in my crown

My life's been up and down since I walked from that crowd

We were just standin' there mindin' our own
and it went on and on
We all smile, we all sing
Weak become heroes, and then the stars align...
We all sing, we all sing,

PS: with a nod to @ste d' indica

It's a bigger cesspit than he'd imagined is what he all but said.

And he's spot on too.

Walking through those doors must be like diving into the abyss.

This is one of the biggest jobs in European football....for all the wrong reasons.

No mate, all that’s needed is a little bit of coaching, anyone could do it.

Just not Koeman Allardyce Silva Ancelotti or Benitez. Just organise a set piece defence and coach some progressive passing football ffs.

But its like me saying the fans were against Benitez, never gave him a chance, so its not fair to judge him

how about, actually he isnt a particularly great manager - at least, not yet?

Excuses, have their uses as someone once said.
Again, I'm not arguing in favour of Rooney.

I just don't think that pointing at win percentages from a different season in entirely different scenarios is a great way to assess someone's ability. There are circumstances that can affect the context.

He can't fail can he? Nothing to lose.

He'd have been sacked if they could afford it.

Not having that he's done a great job at Derby though. They should have been relegated last season too - the punishment was deferred.

If they could afford to sack him he may have had money to spend or at least to get bodies in. If that happened they may have won a few more games. And he can fail - making up a 21 point deficit to climb out of the relegation places is something he could have failed to do. Even in financial ruin plenty of clubs find a way to get a manager out. Oldham managed it with regularity in among the winding-up orders.

The financial mismanagement and decisions made around their punishment are not a reflection on Rooney's management skills so I'm not entirely sure what the relevance of that is.

I doubt very much he's a great manager. I'm arguing that pointing at his win percentage compared to others in wildly different circumstances isn't an entirely accurate or fair barometer of his ability in that particular job.

Imagine if Roberto Martinez returned to team up with the defensive calamity known as Michael Keane double digit defeats might be achievable
What's annoying is Roberto talks as if he's a tactical wizard but the evidence of his managerial career suggest he's actually pretty terrible. He's consistently underperformed the talent level of his players.

Again, I'm not arguing in favour of Rooney.

I just don't think that pointing at win percentages from a different season in entirely different scenarios is a great way to assess someone's ability. There are circumstances that can affect the context.

If they could afford to sack him he may have had money to spend or at least to get bodies in. If that happened they may have won a few more games. And he can fail - making up a 21 point deficit to climb out of the relegation places is something he could have failed to do. Even in financial ruin plenty of clubs find a way to get a manager out. Oldham managed it with regularity in among the winding-up orders.

The financial mismanagement and decisions made around their punishment are not a reflection on Rooney's management skills so I'm not entirely sure what the relevance of that is.

I doubt very much he's a great manager. I'm arguing that pointing at his win percentage compared to others in wildly different circumstances isn't an entirely accurate or fair barometer of his ability in that particular job.

There's always wider context mate.

Like Benitez with Everton. He gave a lot of excuses too. Injuries, fans on his case etc etc.

Again - if Wayne Rooney wasn't a Scouser/Evertonian - he wouldn't even be in the debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.