Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of the list only Lampard and Potter interest me long term. Dunc, who knows. Thing we may as well give him it interim though whilst we do a thorough search. Mancini has always been my dream Everton manager but that ain’t happening.

The only "out of the box" appointment the board have made under Moshiri was Carlo and that's only because we paid him a fortune AND he had the stupid PL experience prerequisite. They've gone the "safe" route every.single.time and it's failed every.single.time. They tried the "up and coming manager" in Silva who relegated a Hull side he took over when they were safe. They went the "Hollywood" route with Koeman who was literally a loss away from a sacking himself with Southampton before they went on a great winning streak due to injuries. They went the "experienced 'winner'" in Benitez who was an awful appointment from day 1. In fact, the only manager they've chosen who's done their job to a satisfactory level has been Fat Sam.

It's absolutely insane to me that they can't see what a lot of us have been screaming about going on 4 years now. They keep doing the same things over and over again and then get mad when it bombs out spectacularly. We hire a DoF then have the owner pick the manager and then the owner and manager choose their own players without the DoF's input. We have a chairman who gives jobs away to friends because...that's basically the only prerequisite. It's a basketcase of a club every single way you look at it.

dbgk.jpeg

"assistant TO the Everton Manager..."

No mate, he's lost more than all those before him as well.

Go and have a nose.
In defense of Rooney, who I wouldn't choose, there's no way he has come into the same situation at Derby as those before him.

I reckon he might have nudged a few losses to draws and a few draws to wins if he was able to bring in players like Mason Mount, Harry Wilson & Tomori plus spend £12M on top of that. The fact they weren't allowed to give Jagielka another 6 months tells you the severe limitations he's working with.

And I doubt starting the season with a 21 point deduction did much for morale around the place either. It's not the fairest comparison.

It was an utterly senseless appointment, and anyone with a slight bit of common sense could have predicted this outcome. I don't read much into polls online, they mean very little, even though I have started one or two for a bit of fun before.

The fact people thought this could still baffles me, and I do think there is quite a bit of difference in opinion between the generations in our fan base these days. My Dad thought Benitez would be a great choice, but he watches next to no football outside of us anymore. He constantly tried to say it was only because he's a red that we didn't want him, even though he ended up changing his opinion pretty quickly. The younger elements of the fan base are much more unsettled at our current position because we have seen nothing but failure and misery.

Still think he was a better appointment than those publicly named.

Interim - season job/fall guy. We didn't have a pot to piss in. Chelsea like. Made sense to me.

Then Everton decided they'd let the fella start rebuilding the club. When they sacked Brands on a whim etc - that's when I was out.

Should have been sacked a lot sooner than he was.

I don’t think there’s any argument to choose Lampard over Rooney, I also think a lot of the Rooney sentiment is a “Rooney & Ferguson” sentiment.

The win rate, not acknowledging the situation at Derby is daft, they’re playing out of their skin for him at a bad bad time, he’s also been able to get half a tune out of the likes of Ravel Morrison.

I’m personally at the point where I’m fed up of seeing the players get away with murder, they knew with Rafael that the fans would always be on his back anyway, they took the mick out of Silva and didn’t bother for Koeman, the ‘talent’ is supposedly there, and if that’s what it takes to actually get them playing for Everton then so be it.

From a standing perspective, he’s a massive influence on basically every current player in world football, certainly right up there with Gerrard & Lampard, and for his faults it’s widely known that his footballing intelligence is through the roof.

It’s not a position that I’m thrilled about being in, but all things considered at this very moment it’s not the worst idea in the world, we’re in dire straights and if it’s a couple of fire breathing Evertonians that we need to get through it then so be it.

One thing that’s absolutely inevitable, is that if we lined up with Rooney & Ferguson on the touchline this season, Goodison would be absolutely bouncing.
I don't want Rooney because he is a granny shagging judas who treated us like dirt. Why are we obsessed with managers who treated us like crap?

This is why the club perhaps would do well to ignore fans.

*Makes notes.

View attachment 152184

Derby County Manager Win Rate

Steve McClaren 44.83%
Gary Rowett 43.33%
Frank Lampard 42.11%
Phillip Cocu 32.31%
Wayne Rooney 27.69%

Voting for him for 3 reasons.

1. Currently odds favourite - a lot of people vote for whoever they think is most likely.
2. BRING A BLOO HOME
3. Blagged by the media narrative he's doing a good job at derby. Good run of form for the last few weeks - that's it.

Without the points reduction they'd be 10th at the moment.

That's with a squad of loans, academy, and free transfers in a club that's about to be liquidated.

The other managers above him had it easy.

I don't think he will regurn, but his record season of points tally & the exciting football cannot be forgotten....
It's not mate great first season with some great stuff played but that squad was better than this and for two seasons after that we regressed he couldn't rebuild our defence. Organisation and set piece defending are two prerequisites to keep us up!

In defense of Rooney, who I wouldn't choose, there's no way he has come into the same situation at Derby as those before him.

I reckon he might have nudged a few losses to draws and a few draws to wins if he was able to bring in players like Mason Mount, Harry Wilson & Tomori plus spend £12M on top of that. The fact they weren't allowed to give Jagielka another 6 months tells you the severe limitations he's working with.

And I doubt starting the season with a 21 point deduction did much for morale around the place either. It's not the fairest comparison.
But its like me saying the fans were against Benitez, never gave him a chance, so its not fair to judge him

how about, actually he isnt a particularly great manager - at least, not yet?

Excuses, have their uses as someone once said.

The Everton board are currently asking themselves, what would Everton do in this situation?

I still think the way I did when I posted this...

He can't fail can he? Nothing to lose.

He'd have been sacked if they could afford it.

Not having that he's done a great job at Derby though. They should have been relegated last season too - the punishment was deferred.

Feel sorry for the team who got relegated last season instead of them.

Derby should have faced penalty last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.